Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would have to buy a new car again (considering that you bought 3008 already) would you still buy 3008 or pick a Mazda CX-5?

Why CX-5? Because its the most similar car to 3008 (price range, equipment etc.)

·
Registered
509 Posts
With my situation that I am currently in (see GT thread) we actually went to look at both the CX-5 and the Ford Kuga and Edge (they are a joint Mazda and Ford dealership) and while I loved the CX-5 the wife didn't take to it. Then after some number crunching (Lease deals) with the salesman we could actually get a brand new Ford Edge for similar money a month as the CX-5.

·
Registered
336 Posts
CX-5 was top of my list. Went to a dealership in Mansfield Notts around 5pm in the afternoon, salesman didn't seem interested. That and the fact it only has a puncture repair outfit, no spare wheel, was a deciding factor. We were also told Mazda is no longer part of the Ford group. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes, I would still buy the 3008. Asian cars have never been an option for me. I was looking at the Tiguan as well as the 3008 (they are similarly priced in Norway), but VW have too much issues with customer complaints that I don't trust them enough to spend half a million NOK there.

The Tiguan was nice, though.

·
Registered
620 Posts
French wife. End of discussion.

However there are some pretty cars out there - Mazda IIRC is one but it's not just the pretty that results in the final buy.
In my case the main things were:
* Can fit in it with head room for a 6'4 person in front and back
* Luggage space bigger than my focus 5 door.
* Performance at least that of the focus
* looks good from the outside/inside -- a place you want to be in.

It doesn't have to be fast but needs to be able to transport.. I left the days of bhp/tonne a long time ago as I used to race around the Nordschliefe before Clarkson started on it. With the focus it started .. a love of comfort barge that cruises :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I came to the conclusion that Mazda might look good, but are not particularly good quality. A lot of the interior trim is cheap and nasty hard plastic.
I've ordered a 3008 and I currently own a 2012 cx5... I think the quality of the Mazda is really, really good. Solid engine,great 4wd and probably the best manual gearbox I've ever had. It's just a great car that has given me almost no problems. Yeah, some cheap plastic... But that doesn't make a bad car. I'm going for the 3008 because I like change... But i would recommend the cx5!

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
But the Peugeot badge / logo is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer than the bland Mazda badge / logo. That's got to be the deal breaker :lol::nod::D:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts