Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 3008 semi auto has issues with gearbox (Scanning fault codes) told me it was clutch fault (would not go into gear). Garage has replaced, clutch, flywheel and clutch slave cylinder (which incorporates a position/sensor. Bill so far £2280. Garage now say's the robot has gone. New replacement from peoguot £2200. The car isn't worth much over £4k. Any ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the robot is the gearbox actuator. This is basically a manual box with an electromechanical unit (the robot/pilot/actuator) that changes the gears. Hence semi automatic..... I think

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,460 Posts
Ok, have a look Here and find out what gearbox you have and parts associated to it. My 4007 uses a getrag 6 speed semi-auto box, although I think yours will be MCP semi-auto gearbox, and you might be better off sourcing this directly or from a wrecker / parts recycler. A number of Peugeot vehicles use the MCP gearbox.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry I have nothing useful to say, I had one of these god awful gearboxes in my 3008, Peugeot reverted back to torque converter auto’s because of all the problems and complaints with them.
I traded mine for a 2008 manual another crap car with all the cam belt problems so traded that for a Suzuki auto, good car very happy with it.
I would never buy another Pug, the two I owned both very low mileage and main dealer serviced were nothing but stress and problems, so the best advice I can give is get rid asap and never even consider Peugeot again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts