Peugeot Forums banner

3008 recall - software cannot talk to car!

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Moz 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to get rid of my 3008 for some time now (see the problems in previous posts inc head unit bricking etc), but due to lockdown the car has spent the last year on the driveway so I've not been able to look for a replacement.

Anyway, I receive a letter from Peugeot saying there's a safety recall (JZR) and I need to take the car to my local dealership to have the software updated.

I call our local dealership and take the car in - they have it all day and then tell me their "systems are down" so they couldn't do the update. But I can take it to another dealership some miles away and they can do it instead.

So, I arrange this and have to wait a while for a date as I need a courtesy car. When I take it in they have the car for a full day and when I go to collect it 8 hours later… they haven't done anything… because… "our systems can't connect to your car's software".

They said they'll get back to me as and when IT support get back to them with a solution. I'm not holding my breath.

Considering I absolutely hate the car (I love the looks and finish, but the tech sucks) I feel like pushing it over a cliff!

Has anyone else had issues where Peugeot's systems are unable to communicate with their car when updating the software?

See less See more
#3 ·
Loads of issues. Will never touch a Peugeot ever again. It's not just poor dealership it all goes back to Peugeot themselves. Poor, flaky, engineering and terrible customer care.

My car was with the dealer for about 8 weeks altogether. Totally shocking.

All working now albeit how long for is anyone's guess. I too hate it with a passion. If it were safe and legal to push it off a cliff I'd go for it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Exactly how I feel.

I'm looking at getting an older, less tech packed car so there's less software to mess up; however I'd also be getting a mechanically older vehicle which brings its own problems!

Dreading when vehicles finally go all electric (I'd love an electric once they sort out price and range, but I dread the electronics issues).

Reactions: nickc72
#7 ·
The weather's getting hotter here in the UK, so what starts happening again?

Well, the cars alarm keeps going off, that's what.

#8 ·
A belated update for you all regarding the above… and my next steps:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.