Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

How do you use your rear middle headrest? i realized that it can be pull straight out and there is no stopper in between unlike the left and right back head rest.

also the left and right rear headrest seems wobbly.

i'm surprised at the built quality of the headrest.

·
Registered
620 Posts
hi

How do you use your rear middle headrest? i realized that it can be pull straight out and there is no stopper in between unlike the left and right back head rest.

also the left and right rear headrest seems wobbly.

i'm surprised at the built quality of the headrest.
Yup - the headrest becomes a support for passenger heads in event of an accident. Hence rear passengers should have them raised to support the head.

I was expecting the middle rear to have the same distance and latch as the rear left & right. It doesn't and therefore I wouldn't be comfortable transporting an adult or tall child in the rear centre.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
I'm always surprised how many don't understand the real use of these.

Because they are commonly known as head rests, some assume it's literally for the comfort of resting your head back, not realising they are officially head restraints to minimalise injury to neck in the event of a rear shunt.

You wouldn't believe the amount of RTA's I attend to see the rear passenger didn't bother to raise the head restraint into an effective position.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm always surprised how many don't understand the real use of these.

Because they are commonly known as head rests, some assume it's literally for the comfort of resting your head back, not realising they are officially head restraints to minimalise injury to neck in the event of a rear shunt.

You wouldn't believe the amount of RTA's I attend to see the rear passenger didn't bother to raise the head restraint into an effective position.
So they say? #whipcash

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Just resurrecting an old post, about the rear centre head restraint fitted on the 3008, whilst again noticing it when looking around my car.

It seems the Audi Q3 also has this problem with the centre head restraint not adjusting, despite appearing as those it should:

rear middle head restraint - Audi Q3 Forums - Page 1

Its an odd design in the 3008 (the ski hatch has a bearing) that means a tall person shouldn't really be sitting in the centre rear seat. In case of an accident, this passengers head, would not be prevented from being flung back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts