Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a complete muddle I am getting in with profiles on my GT. I have a profile called Copper, Blue, and a spare third one. Plus then Relax and Boost which are accessed from the dedicated piano key.

The amount of demo's I'm doing with my car recently, I seem to be forever mucking up all my settings.

I think the profiles allow you to have three different sets of configurations even down to individual radio stations etc? I guess for different people?

Additionally on the GT, we have Relax and Boost (part of the iCockpit Amplify). I do seem to have got the hang of tweaking those slightly though, and a push on the special iCockpit Amplify piano key they work as I expect.

I thought it would be a good idea to share thoughts/ideas on how these profiles on our cars work. Once again the manual isn't really any help.

No sooner than I think I've got it, I've changed profile and things all alter. Usually I find lane departure warning is back on or my audio user settings are back to baseline, not tweaked bass and treble.

What does the common profile do and how does this work?

I think you can also set a photo for your profile, but having popped a USB stick into the car, I couldn't get it to retain the photo for the third profile. I'll try resizing the image and see if that works.

How are others finding profiles and getting on with this feature?

·
Registered
226 Posts
#Good Thread to start Bluehdi#

I had a quick discussion with my dealer about 'profiles' and from what he said and my 'dabblings' I have come to 2 conclusions, however further 'playing' might prove me completely wrong, but at the moment I believe the following....

Common Profile - just another profile as changing options in it doesn't seem to change options in the other profiles, so it's not common to my way of thinking.

Profile Options - I have so far only got changes in a profile to 'stick' if you can access the option from the profile page. Options like iCockpit Amplify don't seem to 'stick' in any profiles I have altered to date and I assume that is because you can't get to those options from the profile page (or at least I can't find a way yet)

The above may be complete 'drivel' but that is where I am at the moment with profiles.

·
Registered
495 Posts
#Good Thread to start Bluehdi#

I had a quick discussion with my dealer about 'profiles' and from what he said and my 'dabblings' I have come to 2 conclusions, however further 'playing' might prove me completely wrong, but at the moment I believe the following....

Common Profile - just another profile as changing options in it doesn't seem to change options in the other profiles, so it's not common to my way of thinking.

Profile Options - I have so far only got changes in a profile to 'stick' if you can access the option from the profile page. Options like iCockpit Amplify don't seem to 'stick' in any profiles I have altered to date and I assume that is because you can't get to those options from the profile page (or at least I can't find a way yet)

The above may be complete 'drivel' but that is where I am at the moment with profiles.
Good thread as stated , how do i change the text on the screen from copper to something other ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have set up just one personal profile under Profile 1, named Jim. In here I set up my radio stations, my audio set-up, my colour preference for the dials etc.

I then went into Boost and Relax and chose 'User' for the audio part and saved each so no matter which of the 3 profiles I am in, the audio doesn't change.

So that gives me.

Relax = copper style with massage.
Boost = display goes red and the Sport setting is set (no massage)
Jim = blue style, no sport.

Works well :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
What a complete muddle I am getting in with profiles on my GT. I have a profile called Copper, Blue, and a spare third one. Plus then Relax and Boost which are accessed from the dedicated piano key.

The amount of demo's I'm doing with my car recently, I seem to be forever mucking up all my settings.

I think the profiles allow you to have three different sets of configurations even down to individual radio stations etc? I guess for different people?

Additionally on the GT, we have Relax and Boost (part of the iCockpit Amplify). I do seem to have got the hang of tweaking those slightly though, and a push on the special iCockpit Amplify piano key they work as I expect.

I thought it would be a good idea to share thoughts/ideas on how these profiles on our cars work. Once again the manual isn't really any help.

No sooner than I think I've got it, I've changed profile and things all alter. Usually I find lane departure warning is back on or my audio user settings are back to baseline, not tweaked bass and treble.

What does the common profile do and how does this work?

I think you can also set a photo for your profile, but having popped a USB stick into the car, I couldn't get it to retain the photo for the third profile. I'll try resizing the image and see if that works.

How are others finding profiles and getting on with this feature?
This is my post from another thread:

A tip for those who travel abroad often:

I have configured Profile 1 to register ‘mph’ and Profile 2 to register ‘km/h’. Profile 3 is for my wife if ever she decides to drive the car.

Come to think about it, I wonder if I can completely immerse myself and change the language to French for Profile 2; something to try later……..

The only downside is that mypeugeot app is sometimes confused so I've apparently travelled more miles than I actually have!

To help me remember which Profile is which I have personalised the screen:
The flag image was downloaded from the internet and resized according to the instructions, I didn't have any problems uploading it to the car. I have French radio stations saved in the France profile and English stations in the UK profile.

The common profile does not appear to be configurable so I'm not sure what that does.

I have tried to save the A/C settings to a profile and can't get this to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the useful information so far.

I've now got managed to get a photo against profile 3. Similar to cover art for the audio system on the 3008, I resized the photo first that I wanted, to 500 x 375 or thereabouts.

Plugging in the USB stick with the photo on, it then allows you to select that photo and change the name of the profile accordingly. This has now saved correctly.

I'll continue to dabble, or will until economy mode kicks in!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
until economy mode kicks in!
How the hell do you get rid of that, I like to listen to the radio while waiting for my wife and economy mode refuses to let me. On other occasions it doesn't kick in for some reason and I can't work out what I've done differently.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Incidentally if you set km/h in a profile that switches when switching between profiles.

That way you can have a profile for france and a profile for UK for example.

The mrs is french so she has a french one for the satnav.. although she never uses it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How the hell do you get rid of that, I like to listen to the radio while waiting for my wife and economy mode refuses to let me. On other occasions it doesn't kick in for some reason and I can't work out what I've done differently.
Welcome to the world of PSA electronics! Nothing you can do unfortunately.

A lot of UK Peugeot dealerships now have the 3008 permanently plumbed into the electric and in 'showroom' mode. This was fantastic when looking at the showroom car, as everything was switched on (except the engine) and all features live.

Economy mode has been around for years on Citroens and Peugeots and its been getting decidedly worse in the last five plus years that I can remember.

Early cars I had, you could listen to the radio for a good while and then once it kicked in, you could get away with a turn of the key, without starting the engine.

Now, and I think its because of all the electronics fitted on the cars, coming alive, its not a very long period at all. Plus turning the ignition only on, still doesn't make it go away.

I must admit though, my 3008 allowed me to work through the profiles and others changes the other day, for a good ten minutes or more, which I thought was really good. This followed a good drive of the car, so I guess the battery was well charged. Today however, a few minutes and it kicks in.

Not very good for the environment really, as you have to keep starting the engine and letting it idle. Luckily on my drive that's OK.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks for the insight Blue, first time I've come across economy mode. It is named incorrectly then if I need to start the engine up to overcome it!

What I don't understand is the fact the radio will not turn on when the ignition is off or am I missing something? I thought it did but the last few times I've tried it hasn't. All of my cars in the past have allowed the radio to play if only for say 15 minutes before shutting down.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An interesting Youtube video on 3008 profiles and iCockpit Amplify profiles:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I experienced economy mode about twice in my DS5 and only after 4.5 years of ownership. I had stopped using it for about 3 weeks while I had it up for sale and hence it wasn't getting much of a charge.

It sounds like the 3008 is much more aggressive in its power consumption in standby and flattens the battery quicker or they have moved the goalposts to trigger it. I still wouldn't expect a daily driver to encounter it though unless they are only doing very small runs.

In a similar manner I have never experienced the failure of the S/S that others seem to claim never works, so far for me it has worked every time I expected it, including 5-6 times in traffic in quick succession.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks for the insight Blue, first time I've come across economy mode. It is named incorrectly then if I need to start the engine up to overcome it!

What I don't understand is the fact the radio will not turn on when the ignition is off or am I missing something? I thought it did but the last few times I've tried it hasn't. All of my cars in the past have allowed the radio to play if only for say 15 minutes before shutting down.
According to the manual (page 290) it says:-
Exiting economy mode
These functions are reactivated automatically next time the vehicle is driven.
In order to restore the use of these functions immediately, start the engine and let it run:
- for less than ten minutes, to use the equipment for approximately five minutes,
- for more than ten minutes, to use the equipment for up to approximately thirty minutes.
Let the engine run for the duration specified to ensure that the battery charge is sufficient. Do not repeatedly and continuously restart the engine in order to charge the battery.

Another thing I noted it mentions if you are in a telephone conversation using Bluetooth, the system will allow the call to continue for around a further 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
According to the manual (page 290) it says:-
Exiting economy mode
These functions are reactivated automatically next time the vehicle is driven.
In order to restore the use of these functions immediately, start the engine and let it run:
- for less than ten minutes, to use the equipment for approximately five minutes,
- for more than ten minutes, to use the equipment for up to approximately thirty minutes.
Let the engine run for the duration specified to ensure that the battery charge is sufficient. Do not repeatedly and continuously restart the engine in order to charge the battery.

Another thing I noted it mentions if you are in a telephone conversation using Bluetooth, the system will allow the call to continue for around a further 10 minutes.
Thanks Mike but you've left the bit out about after switching the engine off you can use the radio for about 40 Minutes. I took my wife to the Hypermarket last week and sat in the car for a while to let her get started with her shopping. I switched the radio on and immediately the economy mode message displayed and switched everything off. That's my memory of it although I've been asleep a few times since. I'll test again today and report back.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks Mike but you've left the bit out about after switching the engine off you can use the radio for about 40 Minutes. I took my wife to the Hypermarket last week and sat in the car for a while to let her get started with her shopping. I switched the radio on and immediately the economy mode message displayed and switched everything off. That's my memory of it although I've been asleep a few times since. I'll test again today and report back.
Don't you just love it all Chris.
It makes me feel the car is going all PC, Health and Safety.:nono:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Don't you just love it all Chris.
It makes me feel the car is going all PC, Health and Safety.:nono:
Exactly!

I have to amend my previous statement however, the radio DOES come on after the ignition is switched off although I can't verify it's for 40 minutes.

The only thing I can think, in France we didn't use the car much and dash cam in park mode may be draining the battery more than I realise.

Stop / start is still not kicking in and I wonder if this is anything to do with one of the firmware updates.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Exactly!

I have to amend my previous statement however, the radio DOES come on after the ignition is switched off although I can't verify it's for 40 minutes.

The only thing I can think, in France we didn't use the car much and dash cam in park mode may be draining the battery more than I realise.

Stop / start is still not kicking in and I wonder if this is anything to do with one of the firmware updates.
May be the dashcam.. hope not as I will be fitting the same thing. Might be worth changing the settings on the power magic box though to stay on for the minimum and cut off power at the highest voltage.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
May be the dashcam.. hope not as I will be fitting the same thing. Might be worth changing the settings on the power magic box though to stay on for the minimum and cut off power at the highest voltage.
You're probably right, I had considered that pink so will check the settings when I go out to investigate the fuses this afternoon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is my post from another thread:

The flag image was downloaded from the internet and resized according to the instructions, I didn't have any problems uploading it to the car. I have French radio stations saved in the France profile and English stations in the UK profile.

The common profile does not appear to be configurable so I'm not sure what that does.

I have tried to save the A/C settings to a profile and can't get this to work.
Hope you might be able to help me with something after some time sat in the car today trying to sort out the profiles and not really getting anywhere...

Like you, I want to set one profile for the UK, and one for Europe, with mph and kph respectively. Unfortunately, when I set mph or kph, it seems to apply to all profiles, and I have to change back again manually.

Any clue what I might be doing wrong?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.