Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All just after buying a new 3008 lovely car inside and out but now I have a problem that I do believe I should have been told about before I bought.

When I saw the 3008 it seem to have everything I was looking for in a new car so I went in and had a talk with the salesperson and was told about all the tech gadgets that the new 3008 has and I ask about the sat nav, he ask me what type of phone do I have and I show him (it's a android smartphone) and it has google map on it which he ask and I show him and said yes, then he explain that I can pair my phone with the car on screen and use all the phone features including google map and I thought brilliant.

The car was order and just over a week later the car came and now I find out my phone is not compatible.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I think the phone has to be running Android 5 Lollipop or higher.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What make of phone is it? I has trouble with motorola force 5 and even bought a new motorola phone but it still would not pair. Ended up with samsung paired fine but then found android auto to be rubbish so bought apple phone. Apple car play is much better than android auto

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your replies, I've try two phone samsung galaxy and huawei y6 but no mirror link the cable will charge and i have bluetooth but no phone mirror link on screen which was one of the main reasons why i bought this car, again i was told by the salesperson that my phone will be compatible he lied.

I have read other post on this forum and it looks like i'm not the only one who was giving faults information on peugeot mirror link, really angry about this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mirror link doesn't work with my android phone. I can only mirror using Android Auto. (I'm on 7.1 Nougat)

Sent from my Power_3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you all know my wife and I have finally been able to mirror our phones (samsung galaxy prime and huawei Y6) with our new peugeot on screen 3008, to be honest I'm not to sure what happen because we tried loads of different charge & data cables for those type of phones and at first none of them was no good, but then yesterday my wife tried her sisters charge and data cable and after a few attempts and pressing the car on screen android auto her phone (samsung galaxy prime) mirror itself with the car on screen, also my phone after a few attempts can now mirror itself with the car on screen and what's more is three of the cables that wouldn't work before can now mirror our phones.

Anyway after those few weeks of trying I like to say 'peugeot we no longer have a problem, for now' ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts