Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
I'm not going to shoot you down, I do think it's a bit sad a bunch of middle age men meeting up to show each other their new cars so I'm definitely in :) I'd love to meet up with you bunch of enthusiasts that have kept me sane and entertained while waiting for my car to arrive. Plus it would be great to see all the different colours and various models.

I'll leave the shooting down to spjgriw who I'm sure will be along soon to say how sad we all are for wanting to meet up and be social.

· Registered
544 Posts
I'm not going to shoot you down, I do think it's a bit sad a bunch of middle age men meeting up to show each other their new cars so I'm definitely in :) I'd love to meet up with you bunch of enthusiasts that have kept me sane and entertained while waiting for my car to arrive. Plus it would be great to see all the different colours and various models.

I'll leave the shooting down to spjgriw who I'm sure will be along soon to say how sad we all are for wanting to meet up and be social.
Well I'm not going to shoot you down either, Beau as I think it's a lovely idea to meet up with a bunch of like-minded people. I don't, however, know where ribs gets the idea that it will only appeal to middle aged men as I would be interested and I'm an almost 63 year old woman. As ribs has already said we've all kept each other sane, entertained and informed and for that I'm extremely grateful.

· Registered
683 Posts
I have seen this done on other forums quite successfully, it will be hard to find a place to meet that pleases everyone but with compromise can be achieved.
It would have to involve an over night stay as I am sure drinks will be had. 67 views and only two takers so far alas interest isn't looking good. As great as it would be to put faces to names To be honest I am not sure I would be up for it, my wife would think I have completely lost it.

Nice idea though.

· Registered
509 Posts
I have been to these kind of meets before and loved them but those meets had something very different than a meet we would likely have from this forum. The previous meets were on a mini (new shape) forum and a Skoda forum where variation in models was bigger and where the customisation scene is alive and kicking. Here it will just be a bunch of similar cars and seeing who got a full size spare wheel option on their car etc. With the mini forum we used to do mini runs where hundreds of cars would travel from point A to point B via a designated route, maybe here we could do the same but where point B is the best Peugeot dealership we can find and we can all get our TomTom data services turned on by them.

I'm not shooting the idea down as I nearly brought the idea up myself but when I thought about the reasons why I had done them in the past and what the 3008 is giving us now I decided I probably wouldn't attend one anyway. If someone has an awesome idea though I could well change my opinion.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
I'd be along just to see the different colour choices and tips for getting the most out of the somewhat advanced systems..........so that I'm fully prepared for it's local release and know exactly what I would order.
.......bit far to go though

· Banned
127 Posts

Victimising, judging and inciting abuse on a personal level yet again.

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been told this afternoon, that even though I ordered 12th Feb and given a build date of last Wednesday after Peugeots MD intervention, its been rescheduled for late May build with 3rd week of June delivery, so if we have a meet its will have to be after then or Im still up for it as long as you don't mind me attending in my Golf GTD.

Paul

· Registered
109 Posts
I've been told this afternoon, that even though I ordered 12th Feb and given a build date of last Wednesday after Peugeots MD intervention, its been rescheduled for late May build with 3rd week of June delivery, so if we have a meet its will have to be after then or Im still up for it as long as you don't mind me attending in my Golf GTD.

Paul
Hi Beau I've also had the MD intervene and told my build date is 27th April from order date of 13th Feb. From your experience the 27th might not happen and this despite being assured on 6th April it was being built that day. Perhaps it's down to Brexit!?!??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.