Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

i got new 3008 Active Trim, i need to understand the software versions and the latest ones... i went through the informative discussions and understood that it depends on the HW version.
there is RRC wave2 / Wave3 and A1 / A2 ... also NAC .... the screen is 8 inch and it has the android auto as well as the Apple car play... i'm an android user.
can someone explain the different versions of the HW and the siftware ?

also wondering why the HUD doesn't include the Navigation mode ? is it because the Trim doesn't have the SAT-NAV ? is it just software or also HW ? how to check mine ? and is it possible to upgrade it if software ? and if HW dependent how to upgrade that ?

in Egypt the 3008 comes with 4 Trims [ Active / Allure / GT / GT Black ] all comes with 8 inch screen except the GT black pack with 10 inch screen and the dealer is claiming that Navigation is only supported on the FT Black Pack as the system is supporting navigation. however the Allure and GT at least should also support the Navigation option.

i'm new to this world but want to understand as i may consider upgrading to Allure or GT for example if i found the built-in navigation is supported there..

thanks in advance!

BR,
Adel

·
Registered
977 Posts
There are 2 main infotainment systems, the RCC (without integrated satnav) and the NAC (with satnav). There are also (until now) 4 evolutions, the Wave levels, with different flash drive space, RAM, etc.
You need to know this 2 characteristics, the RCC or NAC and the Wave level to install the specific firmware/software.
There's also minor hardware difference - with or without DAB support, with or without Mirror Screen support (Apple CarPlay, Google Android Auto and MirrorLink), etc, but there are no difference in the firmware.

That description seems that you have a RCC Wave 2 or 3 with Mirror Screen.

You can't have the integrated satnav without upgrading the hardware, and that's expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 2 main infotainment systems, the RCC (without integrated satnav) and the NAC (with satnav). There are also (until now) 4 evolutions, the Wave levels, with different flash drive space, RAM, etc.
You need to know this 2 characteristics, the RCC or NAC and the Wave level to install the specific firmware/software.
There's also minor hardware difference - with or without DAB support, with or without Mirror Screen support (Apple CarPlay, Google Android Auto and MirrorLink), etc, but there are no difference in the firmware.

That description seems that you have a RCC Wave 2 or 3 with Mirror Screen.

You can't have the integrated satnav without upgrading the hardware, and that's expensive.
many thanks Rui for your prompt response.
apparently this is the case until GT trim in Egypt, have the new 3008 facelift arrived to UK ?

·
Registered
977 Posts
In Europe they all have the 10" touchscreen (NAC Wave 3/4) except the entry level trim with the old 8" screen without satnav (RCC Wave 3).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts