Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a letter last week requesting recall of my February 2020 LHD Hybrid 4 for the rather vague reason translated as "quality issues with wiring harness". Took it in for the inspection and and asked for more details. The receptionist said this was the first car they had seen for the recall, and had to look up and review on-line the issues related to it. Said it was a potential chafing of a high voltage cable which should be checked and, if necessary, protected/rerouted. Muttered something about there being two separate recall issues related to another high voltage cable. Brief 30 minute wait and reported all ok.

Has anyone else been affected by this or have more information on the specific nature of the issue.?

Scott

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the same letter. My service time is next Wednesday.
They also promised to check if there is any software update for the issue "jerking at 40 km/h"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the prompt response Ilpo. Maybe you can elicit more info than I could...No doubt you will let us know how it goes.
I don't think I have experienced the "jerking at 40 km/h" issue so would be interested to know more. Under cruise control I have seen a slight hesitation or "slowing down too much" when transitioning to overrun on a downhill stretch of road after cresting a hill, where the car exceeds the cruise limit set. Is that the issue?

Scott.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kiitos Ilpo,
I'll check this out tomorrow... I haven't noticed this so far...
Scott

·
Registered
316 Posts
Received a letter last week requesting recall of my February 2020 LHD Hybrid 4 for the rather vague reason translated as "quality issues with wiring harness". Took it in for the inspection and and asked for more details. The receptionist said this was the first car they had seen for the recall, and had to look up and review on-line the issues related to it. Said it was a potential chafing of a high voltage cable which should be checked and, if necessary, protected/rerouted. Muttered something about there being two separate recall issues related to another high voltage cable. Brief 30 minute wait and reported all ok.

Has anyone else been affected by this or have more information on the specific nature of the issue.?

Scott
Never heard of this one unless it is related to the massage seat wiring issue which apparently chafes and after about 3 years electrocutes the driver. My car will have gone back by then so I'm hopeful I can avoid the fried nuts.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know the French Inquisition also used "The Comfy Chair", Nick
You live and learn...
Scott

·
Registered
316 Posts
I didn't know the French Inquisition also used "The Comfy Chair", Nick
You live and learn...
Scott
LOL! It could be.

Although I'm whinging a lot it is still the only car that meets my requirements. I think it's more the frustration that all these things were so easily fixed by Peugeot and yet aren't. Grrr.

I remember that one. Brilliant!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts

Got a recall for checking the fuel pipe that could lie against somewhere and rub the car from 2020-07

1 - 9 of 9 Posts