Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

So I have just returned from a circa 8000km road trip across Portugal/France/Spain/Italy/Switzerland/Germany and Poland (all done in 3 weeks) and thought I share some feedback with you.

The car: 3008 GT (2.0 diesel) - 3 people on board + fully loaded trunk.

Looking at the trip computer the car averaged 6.4l/100km - this is with aircon constantly on and driving in temperatures close to 38 degrees C. I was always sticking to the speed limit + 5km :) so in France it was mainly 135 km/h

Sat Nav and TomTom Live Services:
- amazing thing and very accurate, even some minor vehicle breakdowns were indicated on the motorways
- one thing that I found annoying are the pictures when exiting the motorway - I find them too slow to change and not too accurate - I found out that you can disable them by clicking the back arrow in left top corner.
- petrol prices - very accurate and useful especially when driving on motorways. You can easily find much cheaper diesel just outside motorways using this feature

General car feedback
- driver's seat with massage - very useful and effective - good to have on longer stretches of driving
- car handles very well and feels very solid on the motorway, acceleration is instant even with the car loaded with luggage. Acceleration from 120 to 160 when overtaking on the motorway is very quick.
- boot space is sufficient although coming from Volvo XC90 was slightly challenging
- passenger and back seats are very comfy for long trips
- air con is very efficient
- steering wheel - this was my main concern since it's quite small in size - it proved to be way more comfortable than on the XC90.
- adaptive cruise control (ACC) - this thing is a life saver - very good on the motorways especially when driving in traffic. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you know what each button do you hardly use pedals to drive the car on a motorway - very accurate and very useful. You just need to learn it's behavior and how it works and reacts in certain conditions.
- Lane assist - again very good, doesn't like changing lanes without indicators which is good in my opinion

Cons (not many, mainly the things that bother me personally)
- internal chromed elements (around air vents) can blind the driver when sun is at a certain angle
- blind spot detection seems to react too late (in my opinion) and only works up to 140km/h
- motorway exit pictures in the SatNav - would be good to be able to disable them permanently

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello

So I have just returned from a circa 8000km road trip across Portugal/France/Spain/Italy/Switzerland/Germany and Poland (all done in 3 weeks) and thought I share some feedback with you.

The car: 3008 GT (2.0 diesel) - 3 people on board + fully loaded trunk.

Looking at the trip computer the car averaged 6.4l/100km - this is with aircon constantly on and driving in temperatures close to 38 degrees C. I was always sticking to the speed limit + 5km :) so in France it was mainly 135 km/h

Sat Nav and TomTom Live Services:
- amazing thing and very accurate, even some minor vehicle breakdowns were indicated on the motorways
- one thing that I found annoying are the pictures when exiting the motorway - I find them too slow to change and not too accurate - I found out that you can disable them by clicking the back arrow in left top corner.
- petrol prices - very accurate and useful especially when driving on motorways. You can easily find much cheaper diesel just outside motorways using this feature

General car feedback
- driver's seat with massage - very useful and effective - good to have on longer stretches of driving
- car handles very well and feels very solid on the motorway, acceleration is instant even with the car loaded with luggage. Acceleration from 120 to 160 when overtaking on the motorway is very quick.
- boot space is sufficient although coming from Volvo XC90 was slightly challenging
- passenger and back seats are very comfy for long trips
- air con is very efficient
- steering wheel - this was my main concern since it's quite small in size - it proved to be way more comfortable than on the XC90.
- adaptive cruise control (ACC) - this thing is a life saver - very good on the motorways especially when driving in traffic. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you know what each button do you hardly use pedals to drive the car on a motorway - very accurate and very useful. You just need to learn it's behavior and how it works and reacts in certain conditions.
- Lane assist - again very good, doesn't like changing lanes without indicators which is good in my opinion

Cons (not many, mainly the things that bother me personally)
- internal chromed elements (around air vents) can blind the driver when sun is at a certain angle
- blind spot detection seems to react too late (in my opinion) and only works up to 140km/h
- motorway exit pictures in the SatNav - would be good to be able to disable them permanently
Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope others do the same.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I once started a thread for Grand Tour reports, it was too early though.
Love touring stories!:thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good feedback.

I agree on the pictures shown when exiting the motorway. They are helpful when you leave the motorway, but a bit superfluous when staying on it.

I often switch them off manually so as to see which roundabout exit I then need coming off the motorway.

I also don't like how they show on both the main screen and the dash screen. If you could configure it not to show on either/both screens (I mainly drive in navigation mode) that would be great.

Agreed also on ACC, I use it pretty much all the time now. Combined with the automatic box, long journeys and heavy traffic are now much less tiring than they used to be. :thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also don't like how they show on both the main screen and the dash screen. If you could configure it not to show on either/both screens (I mainly drive in navigation mode) that would be great.
Slightly off topic (not much though) I drive normally in navigation mode and find it quite useful to have the touch screen in 2D mode zoomed out a bit so I get view of the immediate road in front of me on the 12.3 inch screen but can glance at the touch screen to get a zoomed out more general view of the area which can show more route view in advance and traffic problems / more petrol station prices / etc. around my route.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Slightly off topic (not much though) I drive normally in navigation mode and find it quite useful to have the touch screen in 2D mode zoomed out a bit so I get view of the immediate road in front of me on the 12.3 inch screen but can glance at the touch screen to get a zoomed out more general view of the area which can show more route view in advance and traffic problems / more petrol station prices / etc. around my route.
Great tip that dude!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts