Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. I purchased a Peugeot 3008 2011 model last year and when driving yesterday on the M1, There was a beep coming from the dashboard and I noticed the Engine management light flash on my screen with the words "ESP failure" and then "Engine fault, Repair Needed"
I suddenly became aware of loss of power from the accelerator and pulled on to the hard shoulder.
The RAC came out and said there was more than one code showing on their code reader.
Does anyone know what they think it might be as I have just driven it to a mechanic after all the codes were cleared by the RAC yesterday only to be told that after an inspection of the vehicle there is nothing sinister to be found. Code shows it could be misfiring because of something, or that there is a weakened electric problem/wiring issue, or that the accelerator pedal or it's sensor might be at fault: Here are the codes:

RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC & INFORMATION
Name: 9HR - SID 807 - 1.6L - 82 (111)
9HR - SID 807_BR2 - 1.6L - 82 (111)
DTC: P2299,Accelerator pedal position sensor
DTC: P0271,Injector cylinder 4
System Type: BRAKES
Name: ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM - BOSCH 8.1 ESP
DTC: U1208,Engine control unit communication; incorrect value received
DTC: C1391,Engine control unit, absence of clearing of the ASR/MSR reference value
INTERMITTENT LOSS OF POWER,ALL OK ON PATROLS ARRIVAL/ROADTEST.SEE CODES ALL
INTERMITTENT,FAULT REQUIRESTO REOCCUR TO DIAGNOSE

Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks a lot!

Kev

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay Chris. Thanks for that. Perhaps I should go to a mechanic now to ask for a fuel filter check including all connections and sensors? I took my 3008 today and the mechanics said as the code wasn't showing at that particular point in time it's best to just wait until it happens again then come in. At least I can say that someone has advised that it could be the fuel filter.
Cheers, I'm new to this site.

Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.