Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hello everybody.... I ve got a 3008 since Feb 2017. It's an active grip plus 1.6 diesel with an EAT6 automatic transmission. For about a years now I hear a strange noise something like a metallic rotation sound.... I ve visited Peugeot service at least 2 or 3 times since then and I was told that it's a normal noise from torque converter..... never had a fault warning light or strange behavior of transmission or engine operation.... does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know if there was a recall for early 2017 models for transmission problems..... thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Acutually, there is a Technical Service Bulletin, at least for 308 with EAT6, but I believe it's the same gearbox, that cyclic metallic sound is normal. TSB explains that it happens because of movement of internal springs inside converter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSB about 1.6 EAT6 has to do with this metallic sound and improvement of its operation or sth else? If we change converter the sound stops or it comes again in the future?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, it has to do with reducing internal friction of converter, that's how TSB descibes it. This TSB says that this behaviour is normal, there is no point in changing converter. You could visit the dealer and ask them for sound sample for you to hear, they have links listed for that in TSB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much..... If you have any of that link with sounds pls send it to me because dealers and service here in Greece doesnt know anything!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Links lead to Peugeot servers which requires authorization, so they are useless to us.

And I understand you, dealers are also bad here in Bosnia.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Καλημέρα,

You mention that this sound appeared in 2 years of operation (2019), I believe the TSB was to mention about the sound from the beginning. I have the GT version with EAT6 (2017) and I haven’t listened to a noise becoming different over the time.

If you live in Athens I live in Alimos, maybe we can meet and hear that noise? Also have you tried Kalliantasis dealer in Alimos?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ve realized that sound 2 years ago.... perhaps it had existed from the beginning.... I m not sure..... I ve never been in kaliantasis service.... I will do it maybe in June if he can help me....., but I have visited Remoundos service, who is in Metamorphosis, and I was told that it's something normal, a normal sound from torque converter, nothing to worry about. I live in Chalkida if you know.... it's about an hour far from Athens...
I have a 3008 Facebook team, you can join us..... it's called "PEUGEOT 3008 GREEK TEAM".....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Sounds like the noise is just a known characteristic of the transmission hence the TSB.
A Peugeot main dealer can confirm after listening to / test driving your vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was told that its it's nothing to worry about, but they didn't say anything about TSB.... pfff I have to check it..... Thanks....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
TSB are not normally for customer knowledge.

There to highlight to the authorised service departments there is a known issue / characteristic with a vehicle & what the procedure is if a customer then presents a vehicle with this known issue / concern.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see.... I m gona ask Peugeot service this week to seeif they know about that TSB... Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have just noticed some similar noise from my car as well. Appeared immediately after I had a tyre rotation and wheel alignment. Noticed as I was driving home after having the work done.. Initially put it down to tyre noise (they are getting low on tread), but now I'm not so sure. It most definitely was not there prior to the work being carried out.

Can't imagine what the tyre fitters could have done to bring the noise on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have the EAT6 gearbox? because torque converter exists only in automatic gearbox....
Try and visit peugeot service and ask them or let them hear it.... lets see if theyr gonna tell you the same thing....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Do you have the EAT6 gearbox? because torque converter exists only in automatic gearbox....
Try and visit peugeot service and ask them or let them hear it.... lets see if theyr gonna tell you the same thing....
It is an automatic. Odd that the noise only started after the tyre rotation and wheel alignment.:unsure:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts