Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hoping you can help, new here and hope I've come to the right place.

I have a 2018, 3008 with a plain roof (no bars/sunroof etc) and am looking to carry bikes, will probably be mainly just my own mountain bike or road bike, but maybe would be nice to carry 2 adult and 2 kids bikes as well. I only just realised that the easiest (and sadly cheapest option) of the boot mounted carrier is not possible as the boot lid is plastic. I don't have a tow bar, so either a tow mounted carrier or roof system will require that I buy everything.
I have gone to 2 local Peugeot main dealers and a couple of local independent places, as well as looking at the likes of Halfords etc. The prices (even between the main dealers) seem to vary quite a bit for seemingly comparable or even the presumably the same products.
Would anyone have any experience of buying roof bars and bike racks or getting a tow bar fitted for a bike rack for a 3008 that could share some useful tips or experience points??

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also looking for the best solution, 3008 19 plate didn't realise the boot lid was plastic but I am currently looking at a tow bar solution so need to find the best place for a tow bar with electrics so we can have something similar to this at Halfords I'd go for roof bars but we also want a roof box and would be carrying 4 bikes sometimes 3 most of the time. I've had a look on the Peugeot site for the tow bar but it's a little confusing tow bar without electrics is £70 then the electric system has 3 listed one for £300 and the other two around £40 but they just look like sockets to plug the tow mounted system in for the brake lights etc.

I'm hoping to get it done pretty quick though so hopefully I can update you in a few days or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts