Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hoping you can help, new here and hope I've come to the right place.

I have a 2018, 3008 with a plain roof (no bars/sunroof etc) and am looking to carry bikes, will probably be mainly just my own mountain bike or road bike, but maybe would be nice to carry 2 adult and 2 kids bikes as well. I only just realised that the easiest (and sadly cheapest option) of the boot mounted carrier is not possible as the boot lid is plastic. I don't have a tow bar, so either a tow mounted carrier or roof system will require that I buy everything.
I have gone to 2 local Peugeot main dealers and a couple of local independent places, as well as looking at the likes of Halfords etc. The prices (even between the main dealers) seem to vary quite a bit for seemingly comparable or even the presumably the same products.
Would anyone have any experience of buying roof bars and bike racks or getting a tow bar fitted for a bike rack for a 3008 that could share some useful tips or experience points??

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking for the best solution, 3008 19 plate didn't realise the boot lid was plastic but I am currently looking at a tow bar solution so need to find the best place for a tow bar with electrics so we can have something similar to this at Halfords I'd go for roof bars but we also want a roof box and would be carrying 4 bikes sometimes 3 most of the time. I've had a look on the Peugeot site for the tow bar but it's a little confusing tow bar without electrics is £70 then the electric system has 3 listed one for £300 and the other two around £40 but they just look like sockets to plug the tow mounted system in for the brake lights etc.

I'm hoping to get it done pretty quick though so hopefully I can update you in a few days or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to give you an update. I had the official roof bars fitted with a Halfords 480L roof box, detachable swan neck tow bar with full wiring (13 pin) and a Thule 3+1 bike carrier. The bike carrier is very easy to take on and off and loading the bikes is simple enough. We went to an independent place for the tow bar which was highly recommended and they got us in pretty quick as they had a cancellation. The roof bars Peugeot just ordered them in and I picked them up and fitted in about 15 minutes. In total spent about £1900 for the whole lot £500 of that was the Thule bike carrier (Peugeot quoted £1000 just for the tower fitting) paid £560 for the detachable tow bar, full electrics 13 pin connector and an adapter to 7 pin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts