Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been invited to go camping in August and as my last tent had a mishap and got destroyed it got me thinking :

With the back seats down is the back long enough to sleep in ?

Mine will hopefully have the sliding floor which also begs the question will that extend it further ?

I've seen tent thingies that wrap on to the rear end too. Anyone have any experience of those ?

Somehow we have to have me the wife and the two kids all with somewhere to sleep.

Thoughts ?

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Got a friend with an old Volvo 740 estate who regulary goes camping and sleeps in the car.

Not sure you'll find 3008 big enough however.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just been invited to go camping in August and as my last tent had a mishap and got destroyed it got me thinking :

Mine will hopefully have the sliding floor which also begs the question will that extend it further ?
Personally I wouldn't like to think I was camping in my 3008 Spikeee, but you are undoubtedly much younger and agile than me so perhaps it's not impossible. One thing though regarding the sliding floor, am I right in thinking that it will not be available until October and that you are due to have your car well before then? I may be wrong but I don't remember reading anything to the contrary.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

With the back seats down is the back long enough to sleep in ?

I've seen tent thingies that wrap on to the rear end too. Anyone have any experience of those ?

Somehow we have to have me the wife and the two kids all with somewhere to sleep.

Thoughts ?
Two adults, two children and all your clothing etc. etc sleeping inside........ not a chance.
As to the sliding boot floor ~ as Gill above mentions, the sliding floor will not be seen on any cars until October. Even then it'll only slide out 12".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies folks.

I am guilty that when I get a new gadget I try and use it for everything !

Note to self: 'Jas, its a car, just drive it!'

New tent it is.

I thought sliding floors were going to be in cars built in May ? Or did they change that date ?

My car was built in may and is sitting about 4 miles from me waiting for me til 1st July - I have so far resisted the urge to go see it - just !

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks for your replies folks.

My car was built in may and is sitting about 4 miles from me waiting for me til 1st July - I have so far resisted the urge to go see it - just !
Jas, I think you've been very restrained. I had to go and see mine within 12 hours of it being delivered. If mine had only been 4 miles from home I would have been popping in on a regular basis, even if only to make sure there was no damage.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Same here.

Mine will be 45 miles away at the supplying dealer when it arrives early next week. I'll be very tempted to drive and find it in the storage area, checking it's not covered in birds mess or near any other cars that might dent my doors!

Fingers crossed I may take delivery on Wednesday after work.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If not actually camping, what about the projecting boot floor and sitting up to it as a table.......and weather protection hanging off the hatch?.
Whatcha think?.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts