Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the Forum.

I have had my 3008 1.6 HDI Exclusive for 4 weeks and in this time have experienced a recurring electronic brake problem. On starting the engine a warning light is displayed and the brake does not go off automatically. I have had it back to the garage and they claim to have reset the computer !! Apart from this, it is a joy to drive. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem and how it was resolved.

G

·
Not had this problem yet, but then mine is only 3 days old. I must admit, the rest of the car seems straightforward enough but I have been wondering how troublesome the electronic handbrake might prove to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have been informed by the Garage that the problem has been caused by a faulty 'Clutch switch' which they have ordered. I am keeping my fingers crossed !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The barake was not set to manual. On starting the engine the Fault warning lights, Auto(P)Off and ESP/ASR, together with a small amber warning triangle, came on and the brake would not release, even with pulling the small lever on the dash. I switched off the engine, restarted it and this cleared the problem. It has, however, happened several times since. I owned a C4 for 3 years, which had the same system, but I never experienced this problem. The C4, however, was certainly not without its many electronic problems !!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Garage fitted a new Clutch switch yesterday and all now appears ok. I will, however, keep you posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mick said:
Garage fitted a new Clutch switch yesterday and all now appears ok. I will, however, keep you posted.
I shall be very interested to hear what the garage has to say about my problem - the reverse of yours and it has happened three times.
Starts off normally, handbrake releases, screen displays "Hand Brake Off". After 3 secs that should revert to the normal running display.
Not on my 2 week old model and only 400 on the clock!
"Hand Brake Off" stays on and the cars starts shouting at me!
First two times it happened, I stopped, applied the brake and switched off.
It just needed rebooting. Simples!
The third time it happened, I could not apply the handbrake. Applied foot brake as the car rolled towards the neighbour's front door and switched off.
That resolved the fault.
I shall enthrall you with the answer from the garage in due course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's hope this is not the start of a many brake problems. Please do keep us posted re developments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have been to the garage in Palgrave where I was invited by the accommodating engineer to view the diagnostic process for myself.
Complete scan of the system yielded nothing amiss in the braking sector.
Since then, I have been trying to replicate the fault to no avail, so watch this space!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
'' The Computer, it say NO''. Where have I heard that before !! Initially, I was told that if there was no trace on the computer then is was my word against what the computer was or was not showing. If it happens again, I would call the breakdown service who may be able to trace the problem. At the very least it would be an independant opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Regarding electronic problems

Dear all, i got my new 3008 about 4 months ago and all i can say is, that this car is fully packed with electronics gadgets and stuff so we need to be very carefull sometimes i thing that i was one of there ginny pigs becuase this car was not headed like it is but for the hybrid version as you can see they also did a small facelift to it

Sometimes elecgtronic problems dont look what it seems but please always make sure that you did not do something that the car corrisponded to that problem

Anyway this electric brake makes me too wonder how it is giong to keep working so now will see

My problem with my new 3008 was that everytime i swicth off engine i hear a funny noise outside (1.6 HDI MANUAL GEARBOX) but in garage told me that was normal becuase i have dual mass flywheel so i have to live with it

G

·
The electronic handbrake has been used on some Citroens for a while and has been reliable.

The high pitched noise you hear is the EGR self cleaning, it's normal.

In 6 weeks my 3008 has suffered...

Cruise packing up
Turbo-explodo
Rust on both rear doors
Incorrectly fitted rear wiper.

The dealer had it 15 days and did a tidy job sorting it out. Alas, it's back at the dealer again with...

Top end oil leak, possibly camshaft carrier.
Passenger seat handle fallen off.

It's being fixed as we speak but the dealer has agreed that if it fails again in quick succession that they will take the car back. I'll go back to a 308 if that happens, but this time an SW.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man If this was not written by you which you already helped me out when i had that noise of dmf gearbox i dont beleive you

this is shit man a brand new car should be checked by dealer before given to client and if happens what happen to you i will kill the dealer and if he says that it was not his fault i kill the sales man well to be onest i will kill them both 32,000 euros i spend on this shit car, here are super expensive becuase oh high tax you need to pay for them

another thing seeing this post its conferming that i baought a piece of shit car

my everyday is a peugeot partner van and that was why i looked for peugeot
but this makes me feel bad now what car? 2010 my ASS

sorry for language but i am very upset for what happend to you and to the other guys because peugeot promised a high qaulity build car but its shit

·
Registered
45 Posts
But now since i issued that from my stomach i feel more happy

So lets face it who issuse a car with no problems

Mercedes rust and faulty electronics

Toyota brakes and clutch problems ( this is the best becuase people died becuase of this )

citroen software problems on c4 and c5

etc because the list can go and go

anyway lets hope for the best but car makers should be more carefull if they want people money they should not build only nice looking electronic gadget car but they need to focus more on there durabilty

sorry for the languge before but i am upset when i hear that kind of stuff especially when i own a 3008 myself

G

·
No point getting stroppy with the dealer. I like to act like an adult, and having worked in the trade I know full well how throwing strops will actually make it less likely to get a satisfactory resolution.

Why piss off the people that you're entrusting £££s of new car to? You'll get urine in your fuel, fish in the door cars, an exhaust filled with grease, the oil drained out and the car allowed to idle for 30 seconds before refilling etc. I've seen all this happen. It's like calling the surgeon a wanker on the day of your heart transplant - a major no no.

Perrys MK seem genuinely aghast and on each occasion have done their utmost to get it right. Yesterday I serve a letter of intent to reject the vehicle as Not of Merhantable Quality and Unfit for Purpose and they immediatey agreed that iff it went wrong again within 6 months of me getting it back then they would put me in another brand new car. Simples.

This is the 7th car I've had from them and of 22 Peugeots this is the first to give me serious problems. Compare that to my Subaru (transfer box and immobiliser), £58,000 BMW 730i (persistant cetral locking fault), Honda NSX (gearbox), Porsche 928 S4 (ABS module) and my Pug experiences are pretty tame.

All this talk of Toyota and Honda reliability is, frankly, utter bollocks. In a recent survey by the AA and a large warranty company the 1.8/2.0 Mondeo, of all things, was proven to suffer less breakdowns in the 3 to 10 year age range than ANY other make and model in the UK. The perception people have is the result of decades of clever marketing and image manipulation by the manufacturers, perpetuated by the popular motoring media.

As for me, if the 3008 comes back and stays fit and helthy, then I'll be happy. If it comes back and breaks again, then Perrys will arrange a replacement new car and I'll be happy. Whatever happens it'll be pretty painless.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well...........getting back to the Thread, viz "3008 Brake Problem" The engineer was also baffled as he demonstrated to me that the computer diagnosis shewed no fault in that area so I have spent a week trying to replicate the fault and prove the computer wrong and un-baffle Mr Pat.
However, the computer was right!
I replicated the fault eventually, i.e. - "Parking brake Off" sign displayed and a siren at the same time. What I failed to see originally, because my hand on the steering wheel shielded it, was the little 'doors open' icon in the middle of the r.h.s dial. Naturally, that ruddy great notice concerning the parking brake dominated the fact that the driver's door was not closed properly and, naturally, I thought the worst.
Pity the manual does not have a paragraph stating: "if the parking brake sign is on, close your door"! I am no longer confused, the garage is happy and the 3008 continues to give pleasure.
Sorry to hear of your other problems, Chopper - good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dear voiciclive that is what i tried to tell you when i posted my first post that you need to make sure that you did not do something to corrispond to that problem becuase i passed that thing mine was that i was hearing a noise when turning engine off and that was DMF gearbox but i couldnt believe it but garage explaind to me and chopper too and last time i noticed that light on seatbelt display was not coming on when some one sits on rear seats infact they work vise verca with the front so i am glad you solved your problems like i did :)

another thing on mine is that i noticed miss inlinement of the tail door gate when it is closed its like it looks a bit open:mad: i hope it is something it will be fixed infact i am giong to call dealer today to have it check for me

just a joke we should change this tread a rename it the 3008 complaints-:lol:

G

·
To be fair, I know 3 other people with 3008s, including one who chose one as a company car and has racked up 35k in a year, and theirs have been A1.

Like anything else in life, my car has not been good and I have a story to tell, and do so most voiciferously - those without problems have nothing at all to say.

It won't stop me buying my 23rd Peugeot if it does end up getting rejected and binned.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dear Chopper and everyone else,

So every car have its own story and yes i do agree with you chooper that those who have none they dont speak out so we should start a new area where we should start writing good complaints about their gadgets and how we can improve them or even we do their maintance maybe this will clear things up to certain people like me and to others that they dont know and want to know( but we should continue write bad complaints tooo:p )

anyway i hope we cool down on this one and start thing positve and maybe we meet in another tread writing about our adventurs we did with our 3008

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jason Cordina said:
My dear voiciclive that is what i tried to tell you when i posted my first post that you need to make sure that you did not do something to corrispond to that problem becuase i passed that thing mine was that i was hearing a noise when turning engine off and that was DMF gearbox but i couldnt believe it but garage explaind to me and chopper too and last time i noticed that light on seatbelt display was not coming on when some one sits on rear seats infact they work vise verca with the front so i am glad you solved your problems like i did :)

another thing on mine is that i noticed miss inlinement of the tail door gate when it is closed its like it looks a bit open:mad: i hope it is something it will be fixed infact i am giong to call dealer today to have it check for me

just a joke we should change this tread a rename it the 3008 complaints-:lol:
Jason, I had the misalignment of the tailgate on a 3008 hire car which prevented the car locking as the car thought the boot was still open, but dropped it into Peugeot and they fixed it in 15 minutes.

After having the 3008 as a hire car I then bought one a month later and have had no troubles to date apart from getting bluetooth to work. I find it a great drive, really comfortable and it replaced my 8 year old 1.8 Mondeo who's engine blew up after only 83k miles !!

Got to remember also that people are more likely to complain on here than post positives, perhaps there should be a positive experiences thread, would at least help anyone trying to decide on a 3008 in the future.

Muzza.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts