Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm a goose, I'm an old one.....ok
So my question relates to the all new, hi tech 3008 and the issue of having to run the engine for 30-60 minutes to install updates (something the dealerships aren't going to want to do due to lack of space and facilities to deal with the pollution.......and security issues also).
Specifically, why can't a trickle charger maintain the voltage level during the download?.
The ignition doesn't need to be on to run the central screen radio or USB sourced music, so why can't it upload through the USB port without the need to run the engine?.
To me, there must be a way of avoiding having to sit in the car for so long with the engine running to do an update.......what have I missed?.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are right, it is only needed to charge battery. I have never update a 3008 but just done my own VW Toureg w3hich takes over an hour to undate and just kept a 8amp charger on my battery and that kept power stable until the operation is finished. So I guess it will work for your 3008 as I am just about to update my wife & Daughter 3008's using the same technic. Regards

Alisdair

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I used to update the maps on my 3008 during a long drive. As long as stop/start has been turned off there's no problems and if you hit the arrow in the top left corner of the display you can just go back to the normal screen as it's updating.

Reactions: Old Salt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts