Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've diesel fumes in the cabin again. Last time garage cleaned out couple of injectors but said to keep an eye on turbo manifest as may be a small leak there. Was ok for a couple of months but now it's back and I have to keep the air on recycle to keep the smell out.

I've attached a photo of what looks like soot gathering, do you think this is the manifold leak worsening and could it be the cause of the fumes in the cabin (note I'd assumed the air inlet pipe and filter would stop these fumes).

Thanks,
Steve.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
Hi...I would whip of those heat shields and locate the soot source first..maybe just an exhaust gasket....

Reactions: muzza

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will take a look alright.

I've just noticed however that the plastic tubing that goes up to the filter is actually so loose that it doesn't connect tightly at all. That's at the top section near the filter and in the middle connecting section. So it looks like it's just taking in the air directly next to the soot on those heat resisting plates.

Could these just warp with the heat over time and could I just try to seal them with some heat resistant tape to get a tight fit?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on this. I sealed up the air pipe more securely and it's helped, but before I looked at removing the heat resistant plates I got the wife to rev the engine to 3000 whilst I had a look at the area in question.

When reaching 3000 a whisp of black smoke appeared towards the back right (updated picture with the area highlighted), let the revs drop and rev again to 3000 an it appears again.

So looks like I've a leak someone in this area on high revs, any ideas ?

Attachments

· Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
Yep....off with the heat shields and when its dark outside ..use a torch,shine in the area, and do the same test(revving)and look for the smoke origin...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.