Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Newbie here! I'll be purchasing my second Peugeot this week (first one was my first ever car, yellow 107 and I absolutely loved it!) but this time it's a 3008, 1.2 Allure. We've chosen this car because we go camping, we have the kids and a dog. So we need a family car that's big enough for all of us our and our kit.

Does anyone here go camping with their 3008? I don't mean caravanning though, I mean actual tent and sleeping bag camping!! Any tips? Do you find the boot big enough or do you use bags/boxes/trailers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I go camping quite a bit and find the car plenty big enough although I go on my own. No kids, partner or pets. Just me, 4 person tent, esky (cooler) sleeping bag, small cooker etc. I've never had to fold down the rear seats.

Drop the floor in the back to the lowest level and you get a lot more space. I suspect that you are going to struggle without some additional storage options (Thule roof boxes seem OK, but you'll need a ladder to get in to it).

You'll probably end up with a trailer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I had already thought about a trailer so I'm not too fussed if it's needed. The 3008 is hugely bigger than my current corsa so either way I'm happy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Obviously depends on how much stuff you have. Two of us have no problems loading all our kit without the back seats folded. This includes a 5m 20kg tent, 2 chairs, table, bedding, and food. Clothing goes on back seat, but could go on parcel shelf if family was included. Plenty adequate and so quick to load as boot is best shape going. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts