Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the service schedule on the My Peugeot app. The 2nd year service looks like it'll be an extensive one...is it usual for the timing belt to be replaced so early? I've put a screen grab up here so you can see the recommendations. Looks expensive!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me. I thought year 2 was as year 1 with just brake fluid change added. I've not heard of a timing belt being changed at such a low mileage, or an ancilliary belt.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's hope it is a mistake 'cos there might not be much change out of a grand for that lot!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Would make sense if it's for the 3 cylinder engine. There has to be some sort of compromise with such a small engine.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Vehicle Servicing
Services: systematic operations
Replacement of the air filter
Replacement of the spark plugs
Replacement of the passenger compartment filter
32 000 Miles 04/03/2019

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
32k does seem a little premature, however it may not strictly be the belt that is prone to failing at this mileage. The Renault suggested interval on my Megane is 64k, however it is highly recommended by most to have it done at 32k, because the pulley can become defective on the dci engines.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Checked with Peugeot and the 2nd year service is oil and filter, plus brake fluid and pollen filter. Plugs and air filter are at 32000 miles or 4 years (whichever comes first), ancilliary belt is 80,000 miles, and timing belt is 100,000 or every ten years.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Checked with Peugeot and the 2nd year service is oil and filter, plus brake fluid and pollen filter. Plugs and air filter are at 32000 miles or 4 years (whichever comes first), ancilliary belt is 80,000 miles, and timing belt is 100,000 or every ten years.
For which engine? Surely they are all different.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes, sorry it is the 1.2 I was quoted for.
That's pretty amazing then. Most bigger lower stressed 2 litre engines have belt changes reccomended between 60-80k.

Saying that I still find it shocking that belts are manufactured to fail deliberately(I mean planned obsolescence) and that all engines aren't made with timing chains.. I miss my old v6's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts