Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first looked at the 5008 during the break in lockdowns last year and fell in love with it, especially the idea of a 230V socket in the boot, ideal for charging my mobility scooter up whilst on the go. Looking at the specs today with regards going ahead with the purchase and it seems to have been removed from the 2021 model !
Anybody any idea why, as it's cost them a sale if it's true!
I know it sounds petty but there are other cars out there that have them. As I'm on my own it's a lot easier to plug in in the boot than running a cable out every time I need to charge up.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I don't think the 230V socket was of much use really having a max output of only 150W, most appliances would need more power than that.

Reactions: Beefsteak44

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully they'll have another look for next time and boost it a tad, especially when they see how many they're selling to the disabled market (That are still 'boy racers' at heart, despite being 60!)

·
Registered
983 Posts
There was never a 230v socket on the boot.

There was a 230v socket in the rear of centre console if you had the optional induction charger. The socket was replaced in the facelift model (since 2021) by 2 USB type-A port charger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts