Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of 215/55/17 Goodyear Excellence for my 407 at £240 all in after haggling at Kwikfit. So far i think they are softer riding and quieter than the P7s.

Be warned! 215/55/17 is a bit of an odd size and you may well find that local tyre fitters dont carry any in stock and have to order them. The tyres avalible in that size are limited to:

P7s - Noisey, hard riding and bad on fuel but long lasting. Came dead last in Auto Express tests.
Goodyear Excellence - Quieter and softer riding, not had them long enough to comment on fuel economy or life.
Michelin Exalto - The dogs whatsits for life and fuel economy but £180 each
Dunlop SP something - Not heard anything on these
Continental Premium Contact 2 - Expensive and i'm told they wear out quickly

Its a shame that Michelin Primacy HPs are not avalible in that size as they are excellent and slightly cheaper than Exaltos.

Has anyone else got any recomendations?

·
Registered
15 Posts
P7's

I have done 30k on my front two P7's and have replaced them with two new P7's at a cost of £130 each. The back two will need replacing at some point this year and I cant find a fault with them considering they will have clocked nearly 40k miles! If you need tyres at good prices try blackcircles.com they are cheapest around and include all costs! Will deliver and arrange fitment at a garage near you. :thumb: 2 more posts and I can submit web links :lol:

G

·
You're in a minority going for P7s again. 9 out of 10 owners hate them with a passion, and opt for superior Falkens or Avon ZV3s at £40 a tyre or more less cost. They last forever cos they're made from bakelite, but squirm in the wet like Gary Glitter at school closing time. One of the worst tyres I've ever encountered, including most remoulds from my youth.

·
Registered
534 Posts
chopper1192 said:
[...] P7s again. [...]They l[...]squirm in the wet like Gary Glitter at school closing time.
:lol: You have a good turn of phrase...

The Michelins are standing up well on the rear and must have done about 25,000 with probably another 2/3000 left. (I had to replace one because of a puncture recently.) I've put Vredesteins on the front, wet grip is excellent, noise about average, but they are doing well after 10,000 there's not much wear taken place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
jameshobiecat said:
I just bought a pair of 215/55/17 Goodyear Excellence for my 407 at £240 all in after haggling at Kwikfit. So far i think they are softer riding and quieter than the P7s.

Be warned! 215/55/17 is a bit of an odd size and you may well find that local tyre fitters dont carry any in stock and have to order them. The tyres avalible in that size are limited to:

P7s - Noisey, hard riding and bad on fuel but long lasting. Came dead last in Auto Express tests.
Goodyear Excellence - Quieter and softer riding, not had them long enough to comment on fuel economy or life.
Michelin Exalto - The dogs whatsits for life and fuel economy but £180 each
Dunlop SP something - Not heard anything on these
Continental Premium Contact 2 - Expensive and i'm told they wear out quickly

Its a shame that Michelin Primacy HPs are not avalible in that size as they are excellent and slightly cheaper than Exaltos.

Has anyone else got any recomendations?
I've run Kumho KU31's for years on various cars and pleased to see that they make them to fit the 407 :)

Allready replaced x2 of the rubbish tyres that was on there with 2 Kumho KU31's fantastic grip/life expectancy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.