Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
308 VVT fault / planet 2000 scan codes p1015 P101d

308 petrol having issues with VVT ( varible valve timing ) open circuit fault. Car in limp home mode. Checked VVT motor and it turns free. VVT rack moving freely. Found 2.7 volts on VVT motor connector when un plugged from motor / should be 11 - 14 volts? Anyone got any ideas? Checked all fuses. Thought maybe a VVT sensor fault? Wiring from ECU to sensor all checked ok as well as ECU to motor. All ok.
Activating VVT motor from Planet 2000 we hear the fuel pump kick in but no motor movement.

Any help most welcome
Thanks

Scan faults from planet 2000.
P1015
P101D

D

·
0 Posts
Swop over the solenoids from back to front and see how you go. The solenoids are on right hand front and.rear looking in at engine. Keep an eye out for swarf on them. Also get the engine ecu software up to date.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Swop over the solenoids from back to front and see how you go. The solenoids are on right hand front and.rear looking in at engine. Keep an eye out for swarf on them. Also get the engine ecu software up to date.
Front solenoid has been changed recently for a new one. Back one was ok. There were on the left of the engine ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Have you checked the timing? It gives loads of trouble on this engine.

The relay that powers the vvt motor is near the engine bay fusebox. Check the connections to it.

Hi David.

Thankyou for your help!

I have not been able to pin point the motor relay down.
VVT Motor wiring runs straight into the ECU. There are two relays present near the fuse box. A big brown one and a smaller green one. All other relays are on the fuse box itself which I think is controller module 2 but they would be to small to run the VVT motor.

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks David will check the relay after the bank holiday as away right now. Will post back how I get on. I did notice that brown relay was quite warm.
I've had one with burned contacts. That would explain the low voltage problem.

D

·
0 Posts
Ok there is info on this. In the presence of fault codes p1014, p1015, p0101d, p1025, p1030, p1050 and or p1062.
Its a software problem. Get the engine updated. On repeat of problem the lift actuator is to be replaced. So update first, it'll probably cure it.

Going to the dealer would have saved you a whole heap of money and grief first off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok there is info on this. In the presence of fault codes p1014, p1015, p0101d, p1025, p1030, p1050 and or p1062.
Its a software problem. Get the engine updated. On repeat of problem the lift actuator is to be replaced. So update first, it'll probably cure it.

Going to the dealer would have saved you a whole heap of money and grief first off.

Hi,

Just gave dealer a quick phone and they looked up my car and say there is no software update for my 308.?

D

·
0 Posts
Did they hook the car up to the computer? If they didnt then how do they know theres no update. You wont know until its actually connected to the car. They think you are talking about a recall. Tell them there is an info flash on the problem. Give them the p codes and them to look the info flash up on servicebox. They have acess to the same info as me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts