Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It’s been almost an year since I’ve bought my Peugeot 208, it’s an Allure model with all the accessories… but no LED headlights.

Unfortunately, I needed the car quickly and could not wait for an order, I had to go with the ones “in stock” and I was really lucky with this one, which has everything I wanted (but the headlights)

I’ve asked in a couple of official centers for a headlights change and I’ve got the costs (a bit more than 500€ each for LED, a bit more than 1k€ for GT Line LED), but no one seems to know if the “wiring” is compatible.

My only complaint about my car is the difference of “color” between the headlight itself and the gang right underneath it, and I think I might solve with a “whiter” lamp in the halogen headlight, but I’d like to consider the GT Line ones, since they make the car more “aggressive”, and I really like the look of them (also, another plus would be on the resell, the car would gain a bit, since it would be almost exactly like a GT Line model)

So, here’s my question: does anybody know if the headlights change from halogen to LED/GT Line LED is “plug and play”? I would have them fitted by the dealer, so I just need to know it’s it’s doable or not.
Also, if you have changed the bulbs in the halogen with whiter ones, how was the result? Which one did you buy?

Thank you very much in advance!

Max

·
Registered
62 Posts
Funny how dealer doesn't know about wiring. If you go wih eco LED, that is plug and play. Full LED from GT will require additional wiring, two mechanical sensors for suspension and control box that goes in trunk. That conversion is expensive and labor intensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny how dealer doesn't know about wiring. If you go wih eco LED, that is plug and play. Full LED from GT will require additional wiring, two mechanical sensors for suspension and control box that goes in trunk. That conversion is expensive and labor intensive.
I know, right? If the dealership was just a selling point/reseller it might make some sense (maybe), but it's an official dealership with the service department built-in, how is it even allowed by Peugeot?

Anyway, thank you very much for your information!

Max.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I know, right? If the dealership was just a selling point/reseller it might make some sense (maybe), but it's an official dealership with the service department built-in, how is it even allowed by Peugeot?

Anyway, thank you very much for your information!

Max.
Why do you think the dealer should know about these things. They only exist to sell you stuff! There are models and features to fit all needs. Unfortunately you didn’t choose the one you needed. Gone are the days that a dealer would bend over backwards to modify their supplies to satisfy a customer that wanted to save a bit of money at the dealer’s expense. Retail doesn’t work like that anymore.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why do you think the dealer should know about these things. They only exist to sell you stuff! There are models and features to fit all needs. Unfortunately you didn’t choose the one you needed. Gone are the days that a dealer would bend over backwards to modify their supplies to satisfy a customer that wanted to save a bit of money at the dealer’s expense. Retail doesn’t work like that anymore.
They need to know it to service the car. If they don't know it, how will they repair car after the crash? What is the point in having official service center that bonds your warranty if they don't know such basics about which trim option has which components?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
They need to know it to service the car. If they don't know it, how will they repair car after the crash? What is the point in having official service center that bonds your warranty if they don't know such basics about which trim option has which components?
I’m sure they do know that. They just don’t want to tell you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you, as I said it's not just a reseller/only a dealership, they have a service centre built-in and also there are more dealerships around the city, it's not like a small business, so I think they should know this, or at least have the capabilities to check it.

Also, I'm not asking to have it done for free, they would earn "easy money" with just a small effort, makes no sense to lose "potential business" just for laziness, IMHO.

And if they do not have the capabilities... well that's another thing, and Templex is right "gone are the days that a dealer would bend over backwards to modify their supplies to satisfy a customer".

Anyway thank you both very much 😊

1 - 8 of 8 Posts