Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here and have just collected my new 208 GTLine EAT8... I cannot for the life of me find the child lock functions - my old 308 had an electric button for this by the driver right knee... not on this one. The handbook (p.83) suggests that the manual lock would be on the side of each door and in red, but all I can see is a black notch which the manual says is for back-up locking and not to be confused for the child lock. I do see an image for child lock as shown in the pics on p.83, but there is only a round rubber bung which, when removed, has no notch for a key. Can anyone help?! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Isn't it one of the buttons on the driver's door where the window switches are? Do you have the handbook? If not, look here:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for replying - there are switches to prevent the rear windows opening which I have set, but not a child lock on the door so that they cannot be opened from inside. I've looked at the handbook both online and via the ScanMyPeugeot app - where it suggests to enter a key and turn the red notch... I see only a rubber bung!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Does it have the electric lock button as shown here?
LOCK.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No - there are just two switches there and two blanks - one switch to enable/disable the alarm and the lane assist. My 308 had an electric switch there but the 208 does not.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm sorry I've been no help to you, hopefully another member with the same model as yours will see the post and know more. Best wishes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi - I did resolve it, and it is as simple as the central button in the driver’s door where the window functions are! It isn’t obvious but that does child lock the rear doors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you ! How silly, I tried everything, including the instructions 😂
Understandable: the instructions seem to ignore that completely! Glad you have it working as well - peace of mind!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts