Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Where is the fuel relay on a 207SW (1.6 petrol) estate?
I'm not getting any fuel to the injector rail so I suspect a faulty fuel pump, easy to find, or the fuel relay, which I can't find!:mad:
Robbob55

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi.
Thanks for the info on the relay location, presumably it's under the the engine fuse box where the maxi fuses are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info on the 'beep test', I did the test as described and got the beeps so the immobiliser theory is incorrect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NO its INSIDE the fusebox as in you cannot see it !!
Thanks for your response...
That's what I meant anyway, the relay must be inside the fuse box underneath the top panel that has the fuses and wiring connectors.
I will need to remove that to reveal the fuel relay underneath, is that correct?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No the relays are non replaceable they are soldered to the circuit board inside the fusebox so IF the relay is the problem then you need to replace the fusebox !

Ok in theory they can be replaced but the work involved and the ease of finding a used replacement means its not worth it.

In my opinion its far more likely to be a wiring issue than the fusebox though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think my non-starting problem may be a faulty relay in the engine fusebox, the engine cranks, the fuel pump primes and runs, but there's no spark at the plugs and I suspect that there's no fuel coming through the injectors as with a plug out there is no smell of petrol although there is fuel under pressure in the rail.
Fuse No10 in the engine fusebox (30A) is OK but there is no 12v through it when the ignition is switched on but when the engine cranks I get a fluctuating reading between 9 and 11v or so, according to the manual this circuit supplies the "ignition coils, electrovalves, oxygen sensors, injectors, heaters, controlled thermostat"

I think this 12v supply is through a relay within the fusebox and the relay should operate when the ignition is on, so the absence of a strong 12v when cranking would indicate a faulty relay and the reason for no starting.

Is the above likely to be the root of the problem ?

Please let me have your expert opinions and any further means of proving the fault.
Cheers.
Robbob55

·
6,474 Posts
Have you checked crank sensor and crank & cam sync with planet as it will not fire injectors or plugs if it does not see engine rotation and sync. If fuel pump primes on ign on relay must be ok

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Windy1603
Thanks for your response and suggestions :thumb:
The fuel pump appears to be on a separate fused supply so it would prime and pump anyway.
The car was diagnosed buy a so called 'expert' who used PP2000 and various other mystical means but resorted to sending the ECU & BSI away for testing, but no faults found in either, and no error codes relating to the crank sensor or cam sensors.
I'm still suspicious of the relay but open to suggestions.

If I fed 12v directly to the suspect circuit from the battery while turning over ie: bypassing the relay, do you think it might fire? .
I don't want to play 'parts darts' with this car anymore :mad:

Cheers.
Robbob55

1 - 13 of 13 Posts