Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just took a 2007 207 GTI as a part ex against a car i was needing rid of. The previous owner thought it needed a power steering pump, however looking around on here I see various sensors can stop the power steering working.

What i have is... ESP/ASR Faulty come up on the dash upon start up. The steering is extremely heavy along with a steering wheel symbol on the dashboard.

Any ideas what to start with? :lol:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Get it plugged into a diagnostic machine. This will give you the best start in relation to where to look.

I would use Peugeot Planet / Diagbox rather than a universal tool

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get it plugged into a diagnostic machine. This will give you the best start in relation to where to look.

I would use Peugeot Planet / Diagbox rather than a universal tool
From previous experience i'm guessing the universal boxes throw up meaningless codes to what would be recognised by pug?

·
Registered
343 Posts
You will find that universal scanners do not provide the level of detail opposed to a program specially written for Peugeot in the form of the manufactuers Diagbox & PP2000.

These tools are what the dealerships use opposed to your local garages.

·
6,451 Posts
Has there been an work on the steering (track rod ends etc) and is the steering wheel straight as missaligned steering angle sensor will cause all three faults (also faulty Com2000).

Needs to be read with Planet to confirm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts