Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me, I have a 2009 207GT 150THP, whilst merrily driving along a couple of days ago my engine started to sound like it was firing in three cylinders, I stopped immediately to check the obvious, fuel, oil, coolant, battery however all seemed to be ok, I started the engine and it idled fine it seems to only happen when the turbo starts to spool up, I have since had the fault codes read out and it says P0016 which is something to do with the camshaft/crankshaft correlation. I have had a look at the camshaft sensor firstborn as it is the easiest to look at and what I done was as follows:
Removed the sensor
With ignition on I back probed the sensor wire
It was reading 4.99vdc
Now I would expect when I put a metal object close to the base of the sensor is the voltage to drop to near 0vdc however the voltage remained at 4.99vdc. I suspect that therefore this sensor is faulty. Can anyone confirm?
Thanks
Mark.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
P0016 is Fault in the synchronisation between the camshaft and the crankshaft : Coherence

The suspect area for this is actually the timing chain and timing tensioner, basically you need get the timing checked out, that's checking the tech side with Peugeot.

The sensor voltage..... am not 100% sure on to say yes or no either way, but you could always get a camshaft sensor from Euro Car Parts or other motor factor, and test that, then if see same results return it......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I had the chain replaced about 12000 miles ago along with the tensioner, I’ll defiantly get that looked at and I’ll get hold of another sensor just Incase, would the engine run rough on startup and idling if the chain was faulty as it is only on boost that this problem seems to happen?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts