Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roof actually failed in the down position and needed manually lifting to the closed position. Trying to retract it only produces straining noises from the boot area. I've checked the one microswitch I can see after removing the trim cover at the back edge of the boot lid and given a spray of switch cleaner, looks OK. Looking inside the pump unit inside the spare wheel I noticed a small amount of oil in the polystyrene tray, but not enough to leak out of the drain hole in the boot floor. Looking at the image, I'm guessing that the clear plastic item on the left is the hydraulic fluid reservoir. This is half empty, which seems wrong to me as all of the hydraulic rams look to be either closed or pretty nearly closed. Should the reservoir be nearly full? Everything else looks OK.
Electrical wiring Bumper Gas Cable Auto part

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I've done so far. 1) Removed trim from sides of boot and checked wiring and hydraulic hoses for breaks. 2) Operated the roof while code reader plugged in. No DTC's shown, suggesting that the software isn't at fault. 3) Searched for microswitches in boot hinges, can't get a proper look but have sprayed switch cleaner around where a pair of black wires lead to. 4) I read somewhere, probably on this site, that the valve that reverses the flow to open the roof after it's been closed, or vice versa, can stick so I gave the valve chest and the small black thing just above the motor a few taps, to no avail. 5) Moved the switch back and forwards a few times while boot lid was struggling to open as suggested in another thread, to no avail.

Any further suggestions anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts