Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So I’ve had my 207cc for a year now and first couple of months roof worked fine, then one day roof wouldn’t deploy and now I continually get this message, it makes no other sounds and nothing appears to be stopping it, I don’t want to take it to a Dealer as I’ve seen on her they rarely know what is wrong and will charge a lot!
. . Anyone have any suggestion or can help with diagnostic I’d really appreciate. . I’m beginning to regret buying it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I've fixed the roof on a couple of 207ccs. Sometimes all it takes is to manually put the roof down and back up a couple of times to reset it, or disconnect the battery for a decent length of time to make it forget a fault. It's hard to know the exact issue without connecting it to planet, you can then do a roof up and roof down scan to determine the microswitch positions and work out if any are at fault. Failing that there's a few things you can check... The hydraulic fluid level in the pump reservoir under the spare wheel, check the hydraulic lines in the boot lid support are not leaking, check that your battery is good, maybe check the connectors and loom to the roof ecu mounted behind rear seat panel, check of the boot lock and unlocking is functioning normally, check the lid lock catches near haven't gone the wrong side of the pins they lock on to. Unless there's something visably wrong with the system you really need planet to narrow it down, Is there anyone on the planet map nearby that you could ask to scan it for you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are a couple of things you can do to help yourself but ideal someone with Diagbox (Peugeot specific diagnostic software) to read the fault codes would help.

If it does nothing at all then the obvious question is whether the cargo cover in the boot is properly latched - this does generate its own specific warning though and the roof will not even begin to operate until this cover is closed. Another good check is that all of your windows work correctly and will retract fully.

You can check the switches for this pretty easily by giving it a poke with your finger or small screwdriver (gently!) and listening to see if it gives off a faint tick or click sound. That sound is usually the sound of a healthy switch but its not a guarantee. You might find that a simple sticky switch is to blame and giving them a wiggle fixes the job!

There are a whole bunch of switches within the boot lid that form part of the circuit for the roof mech. With the boot lid open, remove the plastic covers and start tracing the wiring to each of the switches. Without a code you're hunting in the dark so you're going to need to check every switch as best you can. Some it won't be possible to actuate the switch but you at least want to give as good a visual inspection as you can. Sometimes the switch lever arms can get twisted, bent or crushed and this causes the switch not to actuate properly; correcting any damage found can be a free and simple fix.

There are more switches within the roof segments too, although I've not had to tackle those, and given that the boot lid is the first part of the system (after windows) to operate I'd start at the beginning.

In my case my roof once became disabled because of a dislocated switch. The boot lid would rise up about 4-5 inches before giving the fault warning and proceeding no further. I'd have to reverse the operation to close the lid again. I traced this back to dislodged switch on the left hand side boot bracket. Once correctly clipped back in place within the hinge mechanism the roof then operated correctly and fully once more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts