Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 207CC 1.6 THP that tends to have starting problems in the cold, particularly in Winter. In cold conditions it will start and then the revs will die away even if some throttle is applied. At this point the "depollution system faulty" usually message appears. On restarting and with some throttle it can be driven away but after a short distance it usually goes into limp-home mode. On restarting again and more throttle it seems to clear and can usually be driven as normal.

The problem is much reduced in Summer when it is warmer. I have used Cataclean to clean up the catalyst and now only use Shell V-power nitro+ petrol. Currently I am using BG 44K to clean up the system again.

The problem does not seem to be permanent as the car drives as normal after the initial difficulties have been overcome. I can only assume one of the sensors associated with cold starting is the problem and would welcome any suggestions.

·
6,578 Posts
My daughters non turbo was stalling when cold and hard to start but had no logged codes.

I reset engine adaptives with planet and ran through the learn process (start from cold and leave till fan cuts in then drive and hold at certain revs/speeds).

It cured the start problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks windy1603 for your reply.

I will try to carry out a similar procedure to the one you have suggested.

Are engine adaptives lost if the battery goes flat?

·
6,578 Posts
I am not sure. The daughters one resulted I think from battery being disconnected for a few days for clutch replacement and gearbox rebuild and then just started and driven without going through the learning process

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem finally fixed

The car finally went back to Peugeot via a local garage.

Peugeot finally diagnosed a faulty fuel pump and replaced it and the coolant temperature sensor. This seems to the end of my starting problems and I have noticed a considerable increase in performance. It's just a pity that they could not have sorted out the problem two years ago when I had the first diagnostic test done.

However, it is now the car I expected it to be and it is a real pleasure to drive, especially with the roof down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts