Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post for me, wife has a 2007 207cc, there is a matte silver\gloss black trim that is at the top edge of the boot lid, I have a few questions I am hoping can be answered here.

How easy is it to remove, I have trawled the internet and only seen one comment it can but be careful but with no follow up comment on why, it has a lot of chipping to the rear edge of the trim, I understand that it is made of fibreglass and for some reason it blisters and chips, I have seen this on a few of the CC's, I have been trying to get dismantlers to remove that part for me, even offering the full amount for the boot lid but they are reluctant to do so and I don't want the boot lid.So I was thinking of taking it off filling and sanding back and either respraying it or wrapping it (I have read of one guy had his resprayed professionally and it blistered again within a week) anyone have any experience of this and done something similar?

Is it an item that a main dealer could supply, any idea on the cost of a replacement?

TIA

·
Registered
18 Posts
For cost just call a dealer with your vin number and I’ll know in a second - as removing no idea - must be with clips or glue looks solid on my 207cc not blistered yet !!
Must the kind of plastic not 100% perfect that’s why blisters-mine lucky no blisters 2007 model but I would not ordering new one - just take it off carefully slowly - or not taking off - go to a shop sand it good on the car only the blister spot make it flat and then wrap it ))
If u paint it probably it will blister again same spot!!! Cos of the plastic defect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just come off the phone to a Peugeot dealership parts dept, ready for this? £900 for that bit of plastic trim.......:oops:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Managed to locate a replacement trim in great condition from a most helpful breaker for a darn sight less than a new one and apparently only a 10 minute job to do, he told me where all the relevent fixtures are, going to see what i can do with the old one, might give wrapping a go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, and got a friend to check at his dealership and with his discount it would have been £813!! no wonder they are like rocking horse ..... to find

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trim turned up last night from the dismantler, very quick service! condition is better than he described and I am very picky! In answer to the question from 'Niko' it was £85 + £15 P&P looking at it I still cannot understand why it costs £900 from the dealer?
Will see about fitting it when weather improves and perhaps, as suggested, again by 'Niko' take some pictures for info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts