Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm coming back with what I hope is, a simple question.
Does anyone have a set of instructions on how to remove and install back the top lid of a 207cc boot, in such a way that the roof will still work?
I need to paint its inner-lower side (the lower edge, where it articulates with the inferior part of the lid), so it will need to come off.

Thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
do you mean the boot lid cover, the one thats painted chrome silver and has a black plastic attached to it, for cosmetic reasons ????

item number 15 in picture

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!
Unfortunately, I have to take off the whole lid, position 1. I have some light paint bubbling on the inside of the lower seam, where it articulates with the lower part, so i have to take care of it and touch up the paint in that area. I'm worried about getting the right tension in all the cables when putting it back, so the roof will still work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I took mine off to respray the whole car. 2 man job bit of a pain there's connectors and about 5 bolts on each side to remove but it will lift off. I'll take pic later of the only part to look out for when reinstalling but you won't hurt anything if you're careful. It just sits back over the bolt holes and tightens up. You need to push n pull the lower section where the number plate sits to get it in the middle first.... then line up the whole boot lid up with the car after. Like I say I'll post some pics later when I get to the car!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
The Peugeot Service Box Documentation has full detail and illustrations (Removing - Refitting : Boot lid). Available online (pay per view) here, or to permanently install on PC here (don't click the blue boxes, scroll down to the £9.99 listings).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts