Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a 207CC with automatic transmission. As i drive it, i could feel the change in gears at about 30km/h and then 50km/h when i smoothly accelerate. I am used to my previous car which did not present this. I was wondering whether this is normal for Peugeot cars as this is my first Peugeot car. Could anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi shll83

Hello and welcome When you say you can feel the gear change how bad and does it make a noise as it could be a number of things from needing top up on gearbox oil to gearbox/engine mounts worn or you had a very smooth gear change on your other car :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome.

I don't think anything is worn as it was a demo car from a dealer.

It doesn't make any noise other than the normal engine working hard noise. I do feel a little resistance just before it changes gear and once it changes to the next gear, everything is running smoothly.:thumb:

I was just wondering whether i had been spoilt by my previous car. So, hence i asked what other Peugeot's drivers' experiences. Do you have the same exprience with Peugeot's auto transmission?

Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi ive driven a few autos and most of them seem to have a flat spot just before the change gear unless you have the sport mode on and your gunning it even my mates s type jag but the worst i think is the Chrysler Pt Cruiser and what was your other car :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

My previous car was a 2000 model Mercedes C180 (not a compressor).

The Peugeot car handbook does not mention any break in recommendations. I have been taking it easy with the car. I was wondering whether anyone has information regarding breaking in a new Peugeot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What mileage has it got on it as you said it was a demo me Personally i would take it easy for at least the first 3k just to let things bed in :nod:
ps 2000 model Mercedes C180 nice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It right now has 260kms on it. I will be taking it easy till the first service at 2500kms.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is that all no wonder its still tight its new lol when you said it was an ex demo i thought ex dealer/ demo it would be well raged as they always are the 207 is a very nice car i nearly got one in the end i got a 307sw :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
cheap gold

I purchase an order for 15k gold. I received an email within 2 mins and a phone confirmation from a customer service rep within 5 mins. I was told that my order was being processed and would be delivered within the 10hr limit. I received the gold i ordered and will be a repeat customer again in the future. Thank you SusanExpress.com you made a believer at of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.