Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last week for any advice when I discovered my aircon wasn't working. To cut a long story short, a bloke from National Aircon came out on Thursday and I had cold air coming out of the vent within five minutes but his tests showed a leak in the condenser which was causing a drop in pressure. This is now ordered and he's coming to fit it on Tuesday. Forever trying to be helpful I asked him if he wanted me to take the front bumper off and he said that wasn't necessary as he'd done a 207 before and it could be done by taking the four screws out of the top rail and pulling the bumper forward (?) In the meantime I've had a look at this and it doesn't seem possible to me. I thought it might just be possible if the black plastic plate fixed to the top of the bumper came off separately but it doesn't appear to.

My question is....has anybody had experience of this or any job being done this way? He may be a whizz with the A/C but I'm just a bit worried he may break something....there's not a lot of material in the bumper around the bottom of the headlights!

Cheers.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i removed the bumper, was a simple enough job (1.6vti) was only one clip holding the condenser on, put two thin screwdrivers in either side of the clip and squeese the rear of the clip, it will then pop out without breaking the plastic clip.
looks to awkward leaving the bumper on, pipes may be tight and need to be wiggled out so you need a little room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts