Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 Peugeot 207cc 1.6gt hard top convertible, Petrol/Manual.. approx 60k on it now.. Nice little car but we are finding it juicy on oil..We have to check and top up each week otherwise if its left it will over time use all oil and break.. now theirs no obvious signs of blue smoke from the back and no signs of a leak showing on the ground.. so would love to know why or what the fault could be as i dont feel i could ever sell the car like this.. it is a one owner full main dealer service history vehicle also.

·
6,461 Posts
If its a 1.6 VTI (same engine as mini one) Prince engine they can drink oil my daughters car was the same. Hers would burn around 750ml per 1000 miles.

Up to 1Ltr of oil per 1000 Miles is acceptable consumption as far as BMW/PSA are concerned so you have to get used to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its acceptable usage, but in my mind its not as its a one owner low mileage 207cc not sure on the exact engine we just know its the 1.6gt petrol, in my mind if we decided to sell the car and a week later the buyers came back to me saying its faulty this would be a worry for me, otherwise shes a great little car that my wife uses daily and i even drove it to north wales and back last year and loved every moment of our week long road trip.
Its just not acceptable for me to understand while anyone would tell me it could be acceptable usage of oil as its not some old tatty banger thats been thrashed.
We paid £3,500 for this car a year ago does this make it worthless now.
Thanks for you inputs on this its much appreciated as a new member to the forums.

·
Registered
56 Posts
oil

my 1.4 vti only has 30k on the clock and i have noticed it does use a bit more oil
than some of the cars i have had.i just check it every couple of weeks.
its what these engines do.

·
6,461 Posts
If you sold it the handbook states max oil consumption. So they could not say it faulty it's within spec like all the mini and other owners have

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts