Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2007 207cc 1.6 vvti, (petrol) car has done 78,000 miles
and its failed its mot on emissions, on HC and CO (will try and add the print out) CO = 0.58 and HC = 343 lambda = 1.064

any ideas, car has had a full service, new cat, new bottom lambda sensor, also had 2 new variable valve timing solenoids as garage told me that's what it was, and nothing is showing on a fault code reader. also the timing has been checked. its a great little car drives spot on, sometimes a bit lumpy on tick over, also tried new coil packs,

·
Registered
60 Posts
A "too rich" or in other words too much fuel not enough air mixture would put your HC and CO high but I noticed the engine oil temperature was by passed, was it even tested above 80?

·
Registered
863 Posts
If you have had to drain coolant at anytime, make sure system is bled properly as air can make it run rich.
Also notice you had a post cat lambda but its the pre cat lambda that does the mix, think i would be tempted to try a cheap used genuine one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have had to drain coolant at anytime, make sure system is bled properly as air can make it run rich.
Also notice you had a post cat lambda but its the pre cat lambda that does the mix, think i would be tempted to try a cheap used genuine one.
ok thank you i'll try that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts