Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here driving the 207 now ? Love to hear your feedback with regards to the ride and the dynamics. How's the gearbox ? Using AL4 or something else ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 6 week old 207 sport SW 1.6d. Ride is good and sporty, quiet at speed and road holding is good. Suspension is firm which adds to handling but you feel the heavier bumps.
Gearbox is smooth but I could do with 6th sometimes. The aircon feels a bit underpowered after my Mondeo estate, and make sure you close the cover on the panoramic roof in direct sun.
Finally, I have large feet and the pedal arrangement feels to far to the left, there is room for them to be further to the right but as they are I find it hard to rest my left foot on the rest without getting it stuck under the clutch pedal

C

·
0 Posts
I had a 1.4 m:play (basically a high spec special edition based on the Sport, but with the 8v engine). Steered beautifully, braked fantastically, and rode just on the comfortble side of firm.

i'm 6'3" and 235lbs and had no problems fitting in, a nd no problems cramming myself inline with the pedals. 5 speed box was fine.

Engine was a slug, but I didn't expect it any other way.

The actual finish was superb, high quality materials and well assembled. The design, however, was lacking. 2 ashtray lids, 3 x visits because the drivers door kept moving (a common problem apparently, and was never satisfactorily addresed) and finally a head gasket failure at 10 months old and 9k miles did me in, so I got shot.

The 308 I replaced it with is better in every way, but it's a bloody sight more expensive - model for model it's a big jump in price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mgr

I bought a 207 1.4 VTI 95 BHP in August 2009, (8,000 miles) and took it back three times before the garage found that the water pump had been leaking and corroded the connectors on the relay board.I now need a new water pump relay board and engine harness, all under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts