Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!
First off, we are a small Rural garage that usually deals with Tractors, Horse Boxes, Landrovers etc. Peugeots are new to us!
Lovely little old lady called us, her 207 doesnt go. Could we have a look. Drag it in & first thing we see is a screen saying, economy mode active & to the left of that it is flashing 12.
The story our little old lady gave us was a bit vague. Didnt start at the station so got the AA out. They did something & got it going. OK for a bit then stated shaking (car not old lady) so took it to her regular garage whio changed the coil pack. All good for a bit then started shaking again. Back to the garage & they changed the coil pack & this fitted a Delphi Peugeot one. OK for a bit then it wouldnt start & she missed Bell ringing practice (bit miffed)..
SO! Where do i start? At the moment nothing works apart from the ign lights & starter. Doesnt start though, will turn over OK. Battery light is flashing which as far as i can tell is linked in with the eco mode.
Have put it on charge so we will have a full battery & am bringing my old Snapon verus out in the morning & see what codes we have.
Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Afternoon all!
First off, we are a small Rural garage that usually deals with Tractors, Horse Boxes, Landrovers etc. Peugeots are new to us!
Lovely little old lady called us, her 207 doesnt go. Could we have a look. Drag it in & first thing we see is a screen saying, economy mode active & to the left of that it is flashing 12.
The story our little old lady gave us was a bit vague. Didnt start at the station so got the AA out. They did something & got it going. OK for a bit then stated shaking (car not old lady) so took it to her regular garage whio changed the coil pack. All good for a bit then started shaking again. Back to the garage & they changed the coil pack & this fitted a Delphi Peugeot one. OK for a bit then it wouldnt start & she missed Bell ringing practice (bit miffed)..
SO! Where do i start? At the moment nothing works apart from the ign lights & starter. Doesnt start though, will turn over OK. Battery light is flashing which as far as i can tell is linked in with the eco mode.
Have put it on charge so we will have a full battery & am bringing my old Snapon verus out in the morning & see what codes we have.
Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks in advance all!
Economy mode is just the car telling you it sees the battery as a bit low and has turned off some circuits to preserve charge and allow the car to start. Message goes away once the car is started and nothing that prevents starting.

That it turns over OK but doesn't start might be that it doesn't recognize the key. Losing the registered key isn't unknown if there are low battery issues.
After a start attempt, if you leave the key in the ignition and open the door, does the car beep at you ["forgot the key in the ignition, dummy!"], or not?

·
Registered
441 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts