Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving down to Cornwall tomorrow which is a five hour drive. And recently my wipers have been squeaking a bit. I have not needed to change them in over a year.

Unfortunately the metal bush (that is part of the wiper blade) has rusted on to the metal pin, that you are suppose to be able to easily slide the wiper on to...

I have managed to remove the wiper from around the bush, but i can not for the life of me get the metal bush off.

Im really hoping someone has a nifty trick to help me before tomorrow... I have tried WD40 and pliers. No luck. Unfortunately most of my tools are at work. Including a heat gun. If i can get it to work i will attempt to heat the bush and pull it off.

If you have any ideas of how to remove the metal, or how to drive to work without scratching my windscreen... they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Looks like you have tried the pliers method only other thing you can do is grind down 1 edge along its length to weaken it using a grinder dremmel or similar or if none of them available use a file to flatten it till you can split it down its length this will release its grip without damaging the arm.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! :thumb:

I managed to fix it at about 10 last night. Using penetrating fluid, a vice, some bigger pliers and a blowtorch! (and a friend with the aladins cave of tools)

I literally had the get the tip glowing red before it budged, and im fairly large and strong! 3 hours it took me to get the wiper off, 3 seconds to put the new one on...

One thing I did notice that may help others if they read this before buying wipers. The wipers that got stuck were cheap ones of Amazon, that metal ring that stuck is the problem. I have just purchase some Bosch wipers (Cheaper than the cheap ones from euro car parts may i add) and have noticed that that dowel is made out of plastic instead of metal.

This should prevent the problem next time. Anyway hope this helps someone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts