Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I bought a 207 SW 1.6hdi Outdoor at the beginning of November. Only done 31,000 on an 08 plate. All was fine until yesterday when i went to wash the windscreen and nothing happened, put the rear one on and nothing happened to that one either. Checked the fuse and changed F3. Still nothing, no sound of either motor.:( I have read that there was a recall on faulty wipers, do you think this is related?

Any advice would be great

Cheers

Jen

D

·
0 Posts
Remove cowling from around the steering wheel and disconnect and reconnect all the connectors on the COM unit. Actually the grey connector should be sufficient. Turn ign on and off when its disconnected. Try wipers after the disconnection/reconnection.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, will give it a go today if the rain doesn't slow me down. If that doesn't work shall i go to the dealer and get them to resolve it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been back to the garage after unplugging the grey socket under the cowling and doing as davidireland suggested but it didn't sort the problem. The mechanic said they often blow the pump so she's booked in for repair on Monday. He didn't think it was a difficult job and the bill isn't likely to be too high. Peugeot didn't even reply to my email which is pretty poor service. The car has low mileage for the year and yet Peugeot are disinterested by their customers problems. My local dealer in Chichester can't even get up off their arses when you go into the service dept so what hope do i have in contacting head office. Poor show Peugeot!!!! I've had Peugeots for most of my adult life and i've never had such a crap vehicle, give me back my 205 1.9CTI

C

·
0 Posts
It's 66% beyond the end of the warranty by dint of age, so why should they even give you the time of day?

And where do you get the idea that low miles age means low wear and tear? As far as the mechanicals go they're probably worn as badly as a car with many more miles as short journeys are absolutely murderous on engine internals. I once came across a 16,000 mile car that had more bore wear than my same model with 300,000 had (which explained why it was more than a touch smokey!).

You've bought a car that's knocking on a bit, and have made a presumption that an ageing low miler will automatically have more life left it it.

It's a used car, and used cars cost less than new ones for a reason. If you want Peugeot to fawn and grovel when your car breaks then buy one of their products new, or at least within warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts