Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've had issues with my 2009 1.4 207 verve for a while now (ABS faulty, power steering faulty, speedo on 0) and I saw online how this might be a fusebox issue which it did turn out to be with the middle plug connector corroded and missing pins.

I've ordered a second hand fusebox which is coming. I took the connecter plug apart to find some of the female wiring connectors corroded as well which need to be changed, however i'm unsure of what type of connector they are and I cant seem to find out the type anywhere online, and seeing as this is the fuse box I don't want to go around buying the wrong female wiring connectors.
IMG_1935.JPG

I'm wondering what these larger pin types are called (the one on the right was badly corroded so the metal slot around it was stuck solid)

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

The ones i've looked at online aren't circular like these so i'm wondering if I need to get the exact same connector or I should be alright using a different type.

If someone could help me find these two types of connector or a similar type of connector it would be greatly appreciated.

I am considering getting a mechanic to look at it but I would rather challenge myself a little first.

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Best option is go to a scrap yard and cut the end of the loom off and soldier the ones on that you need to replace

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
6,254 Posts
Dealers can obtain most of the connectors and replacement pins or as above dealer as they are not a common type of connector

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Most of the connector plugs Peugeot use are available as a repair kit but you will have to find a helpful parts desk monkey to look it up on Service Box for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealers can obtain most of the connectors and replacement pins or as above dealer as they are not a common type of connector

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Didn't think about asking the dealership, sent them a message however if I have no luck would there be an option to take off the corroded connectors, soak them in a solution overnight and just scrub off the corroded bits and reconnect them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of the connector plugs Peugeot use are available as a repair kit but you will have to find a helpful parts desk monkey to look it up on Service Box for you.
I was thinking of just buying a connector plug off ebay and using the wiring connectors from that, still an option if it gets a bit desperate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts