Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Peugeot 207 SW S VTi went in for MOT and it failed on the emissions. The guy at the garage is a top guy so he flushed the oil fuel system and it sailed through.
I haven't had it that long and he said it looks like it's been doing very short journeys and just needed cleaning out.

Now, I don't know if it's just me but since I got it back the engine seems that bit noisier especially starting up from cold it jumps all over the place and it's ticking over volume has gone up plus a tab erratic.
Any suggestions ?

·
6,443 Posts
Get the VTI solenoid screens cleaned, it possible that the flush has dislodged carbon which is now in the screens. It the cheapest first option

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Maxtor,

I could only find pics of the BMW engine in the Mini but the 207 is very similar. Appoligies for photos of an alien car!

Two solenoids fitted, one for the inlet and one for the exhaust camshafts. Arrowed in this pic:

Each solenoid has an electrical connector - unplug it. Each solenoid is held by a single screw into the head. Remove the screw, pull it out and you'll find the screens - the carbon covered mesh you see here:

Flush out with petrol. With care and a bit of lubrication the solenoid will go back in without replacing the o-rings.

If this description doesn't frighten you then the answer is Yes! you can do it yourself :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I must admit the pics were a quick bodge as I found them on a website called "Pelican Parts" and didn't take them myself.

So I have to thank them for the photos which include their watermark. Like this one by Joel Sartore...

·
6,443 Posts
Missed your reply as above not to difficult they are held on by a 10mm head bolt. The rear one will need you to remove top of air cleaner assembly for access but it's not too difficult. I use brake or carb cleaner on the screens

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts