Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here :) I'm not very knowledgable about cars, but I'm hoping I might be able to learn from some of you guys!
My husband bought a 59 plate Peugeot 207 SW (1.6 Diesel) at the beginning of the year, which has been great... until yesterday. It was fine one minute, then just didn't start any more! He drove over to our house from the car park over the road, stopped, myself and son got in, went to restart car and nothing happened. Engine isn't turning over. We changed the battery, as we weren't sure how old the existing one was, but still nothing!
Driver's side window is now stuck open, because the controls won't work. When key is in ignition display says ECONOMY MODE, and the battery light flashes.
I've had a look at the fuses, but the fuse board doesn't look the same as the layout in the manual, so I'm not sure which is for what, and with my lack of knowledge I don't want to go messing around!
I do (hopefully) have a mechanic coming to have a look later, but if anyone can offer any help or advice, it would be much appreciated :D
Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a couple of questions -

1 - when you try turn over do you hear a click from passenger side as rekey operates?

2- have you turned off. Leave for 5 min then turn ignition on then immediately try to close window before economy mode kicks in? This should let you know if BSI is ok. Till you get rid of economy mode it’ll be difficult to do full reset

3 - check main earth leads they should attach to top of gearbox if I recall ( in work at mo so can’t double check) and they’re not loose or corroded

4 - have you tried bump start ? The car won’t reset the economy mode till it detects the car running , only other way to reset is via diagnostic software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi dcgpx :)
No click from passenger side.
We tried bump starting, with no luck!
I just tried closing the window, but that didn't work.
I'll see if I can have a look at the earth leads in a bit.
I also followed a YouTube video on how to reset the BSI, but sadly that was not fruitful, either! I'm guessing because the engine isn't actually running...

Thank you for taking time to reply to me :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try checking fuses F1(20A). and F8 (25A) in the engine compartment fuse box

Only other thing I can think of is that the battery is still low so might be worth charging or jump leads to try see if it’s that

BSI reset doesn’t need engine running btw.

You could remove BSI and COMMS and then reseat but I’d let mechanic do that if your not confident enough

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Please read the economy mode thread most of your issues are relating to that removing battery and trying to reset the BSI may well have made your issue worse.

Its most likely fuse 8 in under bonnet fusebox that was your original issue or a broken earth under the bonnet everything else is BECAUSE its not starting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you dcgpx!

It was a fuse! Car is running again!

Glad it’s going again.

I’d still check main earths for security and corrosion as fuses blow for a reason.

Wouldn’t take long to check from battery to where it connects to engine/bodywork.

I’d would as a matter of course check the connection on starter itself just in case that’s loose.

All in all a 15min job and add a spare fuse in glovebox for emergency get you home in case happens again in middle of nowhere !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts