Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I recently bought a 57 plate 207 SW 1.6HDI which I love!

I do a lot of motorway driving and yesterday I was doing 70mph and it came up with the anti polution error and went into limp home mode.

A friend put his snap on code scanner on the car this morning and it is showing the following error codes:

P0402 - EGR regulation. Air flow less than setting (difference>150mg/stroke)

P1403 - Additional heating circuit 1. Short circuit to earth, short circuit to positive, open circuit or actuator fault

P1404 - Additional heating circuit 2. Short circuit to earth, short circuit to positive, open circuit or actuator fault

When the car isnt in limp home mode it runs fine although it does feel under powered and very slow compared to my old 1.5 dci renault megane (i know its heavier but it is a lot slower). I regurlarly have to change down to 4th or 3rd gear to go up hills / slopes, even when i approach them at 50mph.

And 5th gear is pretty much useless for anything other than maintaining current speed. Even on a flat the car doesnt really accelerate and this was before it is in limp home mode.

Does anyone know what the above codes are pointing to? I dont know if my car has a DPF so dont know if this is the cause.

Cheers
Gaz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked turbo shaft and there is no noticeable play and it spins freely.

However I did notice some white gunk just below it that had also sprayed onto the side of the battery box I didn't notice it before but I don't think it's fresh.

Cheers
Gaz

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Ok. don't worry about the additional heater faults, they're in alot of cars.
Egr one yes. Remove it and clean it out firstly. Go from there.

D

·
0 Posts
Its a nightmare on your engine as its at the back. Someone may have a guide drawn up already. Do a search above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts