Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, it has been going well with the wife`s 2008 207 1.6 petrol, not much has gone wrong in the last 3 years, hope it is not going to start now.

I dont often bother to drive it but in the recent few months T has been saying the steering is a bit stiff now and then when she is driving at low speeds like car parks etc, and it is getting worse now she says so i had a blast this weekend and it is intermittent. It does not go real hard on steering like the power steering has failed but enough to notice it.

Would you say the steering motor is on its way out ?

Thanks for any help

Wayne :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Doh! Not the first time I've made that mistake! Seems the electric power steering can be problematic in the 207, particularly at low revs. The steering ecu or something internal to the motor is what goes. There are companies who offer a rebuild service, a new motor is a bit steep.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eccles ;) i will look around at prices once i get a pinpoint on what i need.

Hi again, as well as the intermitant stiff steering there is now a squeak when the steering is turned.

Could the be the power steering/motor aswell ?

I need to know a si will be tackling this myself so i will get the parts in time.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
depending on the fault some have had it done under warranty if its the motor that fails as it should really last the life of the vehicle

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depending on the fault some have had it done under warranty if its the motor that fails as it should really last the life of the vehicle
Well that worth looking into. Thanks :)

God knows where i would stat there to see if it is. Anything to save me grubbing around under the car, them days have gone, i hope lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts