Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 207 Sportium 1.4 petrol. Have had the car for 2 years now, one previous owner, milage is 26,187.

No problems whatsoever with the car until last week where the car would not start in the morning. When turning the key it felt as if the battery was dead, so went and got a new battery. Replaced it, car worked ok for two days then same thing it will not start in the mornings. After a lot of attempts and keeping the key turned it starts and it continues to do so throughout the day, its just in the mornings that it doest start.

Finally I decided to take it to Peugeot dealers, they run a diagnostic and advised me that the piloted thermostat needs changing at a cost of £434. I asked the garage how much the parts came to and they said 130 quid. So £300 for labour (shocking).

Anyway, before getting the car back they changed the temperature sensor (ZXC recall) free of charge.

I just want to know if anyone else has had this same problem at all and if so, does anyone one know what the issue is please?

Your knowledge or advice will be much appriciated.

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
if its like its turning over slow or not at all then i would be checking all the connections to the starter motor and engine earth as well as battery connections

1 - 2 of 2 Posts