Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I noticed my 207 started slowly loosing coolant again. Years ago I had a leak from the thermostat body but this time I cannot find anything wrong.
I noticed with the obd that coolant temperatures seems to be a bit high (103-108C) while on motorway (I do most miles on motorway).
From time to time during a cutoff the temperature dial drops dramatically to 70C for 8-10 seconds then goes up again to 90.
I was wondering if the coolant loss could be accountable for coolant boiling out due to slight overheating (about a pint every 1000miles) as there are some residuals on the expansion vase lid.
I recently changed the lid of the expansion vase but it did not help..
any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello,
I noticed my 207 started slowly loosing coolant again. Years ago I had a leak from the thermostat body but this time I cannot find anything wrong.
I noticed with the obd that coolant temperatures seems to be a bit high (103-108C) while on motorway (I do most miles on motorway).
From time to time during a cutoff the temperature dial drops dramatically to 70C for 8-10 seconds then goes up again to 90.
I was wondering if the coolant loss could be accountable for coolant boiling out due to slight overheating (about a pint every 1000miles) as there are some residuals on the expansion vase lid.
I recently changed the lid of the expansion vase but it did not help..
any ideas?
Head gasket ? :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be but im not buying it
Coolant is testing clean from exhaust gases (there is also no bubbling or dirty coolant) and the oil has no mayo.
No overheating, pistons look clean, tiny leak..
Dunno where else to look...

·
Registered
877 Posts
header tank can leak through seam, hard to spot though.I removed the tank covered it with washing liquid, blocked holes with fingers and blew hard, soon showed up.

cleaned it when off, oxi/boiling water and a cut up washing up sponge, then shake shake shake.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found
I have an LPG so there is a T pipe on the back of the engine.
The pipe is gunked up with dried coolant. I can't fix as is impossible to reach unless I remove lot of components..
not a big deal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts