Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Peugeot 207 S (1.4). About 1 month ago I noticed a hissing sound coming from the passenger footwell/dash when I had to brake quickly, or when pumping the brakes (if stationary). I took the car to a Peugeot garage and they said the brake servo needed replacing which has been done today. However, I still have the same hissing noise when I do the same things. I'm going a little crazy with this so need to know from someone who may have had experience of this before...

1. Is this a "natural" sound (I hadn't noticed anything until about 1 month ago), should there be any sound at all??
2. Could there be another problem? The servo has been replaced.

Many thanks for any help/advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 - many thanks for the reply. I have to confess I'm amazed that this has not been picked up while the car was at the Peugeot garage as it was they who said the brake servo needed replacing in the first instance after I told them of the hissing noise.

OK, the car was purchased 2nd hand and still within warranty so I will go back to the seller (a local garage) with this new problem. He did pay for all the work carried out last week by Peugeot, so hopefully he will do the same again.

If it is the problem you suspect, does it make the car dangerous to drive? (the car brakes fine but you have to push the pedal down a little more than usual).

Cheers

G

·
Darth Vader said:
If it is the problem you suspect, does it make the car dangerous to drive? (the car brakes fine but you have to push the pedal down a little more than usual).

Cheers
If my guess is correct (and it is just a guess, but I reckon a good one) then it is dangerous. any problem with the brakes is bad ju-ju.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.