Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bluetooth ECU Module now working - See my complete instructions further down this thread

I have 2007 207 GTI that I would like to fit the Bluetooth module.

First, can anyone tell me where the Bluetooth module is located ??

I have checked the wiring loom and it appears that the connector for the radio and the wiring for the microphone is already present.

So hopefully I can just install the module and do the necessary coding and it should all work.

I would really like to use the original module rather than use an after market solution but Peugeot dealers seem to be very unhelpful and only offer a Parrot !!??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealers in general seem to be utterly useless, unless they are taking your money, they are quite efficient at this :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update to my original post.

I can now confirm that the cable and plug for the Bluetooth unit are behind/above the Glove box just to the right of the fuse box. The cable is very short and there does not appear to be any mounting bracket or fixing for the Bluetooth module.

I have also confirmed that the cable for the microphone is already in place in the Interior Light Unit.

I had a chat with another local Peugeot dealer who appeared to be very helpful and supplied me with the part number of the Bluetooth module and the details of how to get to the Bluetooth unit behind the Glove Box. Unfortunately both the instructions were wrong for my 207 (just seemed to be for a different model) and the socket on the Bluetooth Module suggested by the dealer does not match the plug already installed on my loom.

It would appear that even putting my VIN number into the Peugeot Service Box System provides the wrong information for my car !!! Doesn't give a lot of confidence if I ever need to order any spare parts !!

Why does this have to be so difficult ??????

So now I just need to identify the right Bluetooth Unit and find some way of mounting it !!??

Surely some other 207 Owner must have fitted the Peugeot original Bluetooth module to their car ?? Or is it too difficult and hence Peugeot just provide a Parrot aftermarket solution ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the the progress to fit an OEM Bluetooth Module/ECU in my 207 (Yr2007).

So purchased a Continental Bluetooth ECU off eBay - Part #9675359580 / S180073002 - which came off a 207 Yr2010 model and included the USB socket.

Plugged it in to the Bluetooth ECU socket in the car and it brought down the whole of the CAM Communications Network between the ECU modules so I guess this model is not compatible with the earlier Cars. Removed it and all back to normal.

DiagBox cannot communicate with the ECU but then the whole CAM network appeared to be corrupted !! All the warning lights came on permanently (even with ignition off) and the Display just went black !!! Car would still start and run but I wasn't going to drive it like this.

I have now ordered a older Bluetooth ECU unit off eBay which appears to be the original model installed on this age of 207. Part #9666419080 / S122288001

A couple of questions for any of the experts on this forum:-

1) Is there a table of ECU Part Numbers and compatible Cars anywhere ?? Given the problem I had was trying to install a 2010 ECU into a 2007 Car !!

2) Is there any information on the DiagBox releases and what year of Car they support. Even 7.02 seems not be too old for my 2007 Car as it does not recognise the ABS ECU.

All inputs to get this working gratefully received. There seem to be lots of threads of people wanting to do this upgrade but nobody has published any details of actually doing it or getting it working !!??

Many thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Another Update !

I had some replies from another forum about the compatibility of the Bluetooth ECU Modules on Peugeot cars.

Can anyone confirm this statement ??

"From about 2010 or the refreshed Peugeot 207 model the CAN bus was upgraded to Peugeot CAN+ Bus and the new ECU modules are not compatible with the older CAN network."

So from what I can gather the newer Bluetooth ECU Modules that also include the USB socket cannot be installed in the older 207 models. From what I can tell there is only one Module (although two versions from different suppliers - Continental and Siemens) that will work in the earlier 207 from 2006/7 to 2010.

Within DiagBox there are three different models for the 207 - 207 VAN, 207 CAN and 207i. Does anyone know what models of 207 these refer to ??

Again any inputs gratefully received.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Finally got the Bluetooth ECU Module working !! :)

After a few false starts and a general lack of information across the various Forums I have finally got the Original OEM Bluetooth ECU Module to work in my Yr2007 207 car.

These Instructions and Part Numbers are for a Right Hand Drive UK based Car !!

So does the car have the necessary connections in the loom ??

All but the basic 207 models offered Bluetooth as an option and the wiring is typically already in the loom. Before you start, check if there is an AUX connection plug coming out of the loom behind the Radio (Model RD4) and I believe you also need to have the central dashboard display that includes graphics rather than just text (Type C).

The second cable is for the microphone and can be located by removing the Overhead Interior Light.

The third and final connector comes out of the loom above the Glove Compartment - More later.

You will also need access to the Peugeot DIAGBOX software and Lexia-3 interface as you will need to configure the various ECU Modules in the car.

Parts Required :-

I purchased an older Bluetooth ECU unit off eBay which appears to be the original model installed on this age of 207. Part #9666419080 / S122288001. For each Module there are often more than one supplier and therefore more than one Part Number - The S122288001 appears to be common across the modules. Typical eBay price for this unit is about £30.

From experience the later Bluetooth ECU Modules with the side connector and also have a USB socket do not work on the earlier cars.

You will need the Plastic mounting cradle to hold the Bluetooth Module in place. SUP KLM/USB 6574.NE Part Number : 9688441080 / A1026564 As the scrap yards (and eBay sellers) normally seem to forget this bit you can purchase from a Peugeot Dealer for about £6.

You will need the Microphone that goes in the Overhead Light Unit. Cheapest way to purchase is to buy a whole Light Unit off eBay that already has the Microphone included. Part Number : 9651817180 or 9656164180 - I think they are the same ?? The same Microphone is used across nearly all models of Peugeot and Citroen cars so usually easy to find one at a good price (£10 to £15 for the whole light unit with Microphone)

Installation :-

You may want to do a general diagnostics check before you start (using DIAGBOX).

DISCONNECT the Battery !!

First install the Microphone in the Overhead Interior Light. Remove the Light bit first (clips into larger housing - Don’t bend the metal clips !! Use a screwdriver to ease them gently) and then remove the whole plastic moulding. The clips are stiff !! Insert the Microphone into the Plastic moulding and then connect the plug to the socket in the loom. Put the Light Unit back in the head lining.

Slide out the radio and the tray below and plug in the AUX Connector that is in the main Wiring Loom. Connector is the one closest to the centre of the radio. The other socket is for the CD Changer.

Put the Radio back in !

Now the fun bit !! We need to remove (or at least just drop down out of the way) the Glove Box.

Remove the Air Con vent from inside the Glove Box.

Push the OBDII socket towards the Fuse Box - Just squeeze the tabs on the left side so it is hanging loose.

Undo the Six Torx Screws (2 along the Top, 2 on the bottom left and 2 underneath the Glove Box door.

Probably a good idea to remove the light from the Glove Box as it makes it easier to route the cables without pinching them !!

Now pull the Glove Box out starting from the top edge and just let it drop down into the footwell.

Undo the two bolts holding the metal bracket that held the Glove Box in place and remove the plastic clip that holds the vent tube.

You should see the Cable and Plug for the Bluetooth ECU Module on the left side.

Put the Bluetooth Module in the Plastic Cradle and then clip the cradle to the top of the Metal bracket.

Plug the Bluetooth Module with the Plug on the Loom.

Using the two bolts, secure the Metal Bracket with the Bluetooth Module back in place. Replace the plastic clip holding the Vent Tube.

I strongly suggest that you do not put back the Glove Box until you have it all tested and working !!!

Reconnect the Battery !!

Configuration with DIAGBOX :-

Do a general Scan so you have a view of all the ECU Modules.

On the BSI Module make sure you have enabled (Present) the Bluetooth Module.

On the Radio you need to enable the AUX 1 input to be KML/Nomad Hands Free mode.

On the Multifunction Screen you need to enable the Telephone Hands Free function.

On the Bluetooth module you can also set up the name of the Bluetooth device - e.g. “Peugeot 207”

Once up and running you can go into the Telephone menu on the Car Display. Erase any old phones that might have been paired by the previous owner of the Bluetooth ECU Module and then you can pair you phone (code is 1234).

Thats it !! :)

You can put back the Glove Box now !!

If you want some photos of the installation please just PM me or check out my Pinterest link - https://uk.pinterest.com/bushell777/peugeot-207/

Good luck

All the best, James

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
cracking news !!!

the phone set up for the Dension unit I have is shocking, so will be jumping on this set up in the next couple of weeks!

many thanks for finding it all out and testing it out!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
"It would appear that even putting my VIN number into the Peugeot Service Box System provides the wrong information for my car !!! "

that appears to be the same for mine, it shows the independant telephone system part numbers, not the hands free set up that works in the car like you have described!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There appears to be growing interest in getting the OEM Bluetooth Module working in various Peugeot cars.

For most cars with the CAN Bus (about 2006 onwards) it would appear to be quite simple.

The original OEM solution is much neater than all the various third party aftermarket options as it is totally integrated in to the current display and Steering Wheel controls.

Peugeot actually use the Parrot chipset in their OEM Hands Free solution so it works very well.

You just needs access to the Peugeot PP2000 interface and software to program the various modules - But then this is also required for most of the third party solutions that plug into the radio.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Reliable406,

Good luck with getting the Bluetooth module to work in your C4. I have only experience of getting this to work in a 207 but I am sure the process will be very similar.

Hopefully the wiring is already in the loom so it will just be a matter of finding out where PSA hid the Bluetooth module !!!???

Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best, James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stream

Hi there,

Were you able to stream music from your phone as well?
I just installed the same Bluetooth module, but cannot get streaming. :(

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Finally got the Bluetooth ECU Module working !! :)

After a few false starts and a general lack of information across the various Forums I have finally got the Original OEM Bluetooth ECU Module to work in my Yr2007 207 car.

These Instructions and Part Numbers are for a Right Hand Drive UK based Car !!

So does the car have the necessary connections in the loom ??

All but the basic 207 models offered Bluetooth as an option and the wiring is typically already in the loom. Before you start, check if there is an AUX connection plug coming out of the loom behind the Radio (Model RD4) and I believe you also need to have the central dashboard display that includes graphics rather than just text (Type C).

The second cable is for the microphone and can be located by removing the Overhead Interior Light.

The third and final connector comes out of the loom above the Glove Compartment - More later.

You will also need access to the Peugeot DIAGBOX software and Lexia-3 interface as you will need to configure the various ECU Modules in the car.

Parts Required :-

I purchased an older Bluetooth ECU unit off eBay which appears to be the original model installed on this age of 207. Part #9666419080 / S122288001. For each Module there are often more than one supplier and therefore more than one Part Number - The S122288001 appears to be common across the modules. Typical eBay price for this unit is about £30.

From experience the later Bluetooth ECU Modules with the side connector and also have a USB socket do not work on the earlier cars.

You will need the Plastic mounting cradle to hold the Bluetooth Module in place. SUP KLM/USB 6574.NE Part Number : 9688441080 / A1026564 As the scrap yards (and eBay sellers) normally seem to forget this bit you can purchase from a Peugeot Dealer for about £6.

You will need the Microphone that goes in the Overhead Light Unit. Cheapest way to purchase is to buy a whole Light Unit off eBay that already has the Microphone included. Part Number : 9651817180 or 9656164180 - I think they are the same ?? The same Microphone is used across nearly all models of Peugeot and Citroen cars so usually easy to find one at a good price (£10 to £15 for the whole light unit with Microphone)

Installation :-

You may want to do a general diagnostics check before you start (using DIAGBOX).

DISCONNECT the Battery !!

First install the Microphone in the Overhead Interior Light. Remove the Light bit first (clips into larger housing - Don’t bend the metal clips !! Use a screwdriver to ease them gently) and then remove the whole plastic moulding. The clips are stiff !! Insert the Microphone into the Plastic moulding and then connect the plug to the socket in the loom. Put the Light Unit back in the head lining.

Slide out the radio and the tray below and plug in the AUX Connector that is in the main Wiring Loom. Connector is the one closest to the centre of the radio. The other socket is for the CD Changer.

Put the Radio back in !

Now the fun bit !! We need to remove (or at least just drop down out of the way) the Glove Box.

Remove the Air Con vent from inside the Glove Box.

Push the OBDII socket towards the Fuse Box - Just squeeze the tabs on the left side so it is hanging loose.

Undo the Six Torx Screws (2 along the Top, 2 on the bottom left and 2 underneath the Glove Box door.

Probably a good idea to remove the light from the Glove Box as it makes it easier to route the cables without pinching them !!

Now pull the Glove Box out starting from the top edge and just let it drop down into the footwell.

Undo the two bolts holding the metal bracket that held the Glove Box in place and remove the plastic clip that holds the vent tube.

You should see the Cable and Plug for the Bluetooth ECU Module on the left side.

Put the Bluetooth Module in the Plastic Cradle and then clip the cradle to the top of the Metal bracket.

Plug the Bluetooth Module with the Plug on the Loom.

Using the two bolts, secure the Metal Bracket with the Bluetooth Module back in place. Replace the plastic clip holding the Vent Tube.

I strongly suggest that you do not put back the Glove Box until you have it all tested and working !!!

Reconnect the Battery !!

Configuration with DIAGBOX :-

Do a general Scan so you have a view of all the ECU Modules.

On the BSI Module make sure you have enabled (Present) the Bluetooth Module.

On the Radio you need to enable the AUX 1 input to be KML/Nomad Hands Free mode.

On the Multifunction Screen you need to enable the Telephone Hands Free function.

On the Bluetooth module you can also set up the name of the Bluetooth device - e.g. “Peugeot 207”

Once up and running you can go into the Telephone menu on the Car Display. Erase any old phones that might have been paired by the previous owner of the Bluetooth ECU Module and then you can pair you phone (code is 1234).

Thats it !! :)

You can put back the Glove Box now !!

If you want some photos of the installation please just PM me or check out my Pinterest

Good luck

All the best, James

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Bushellj, I would like to try to do the same, any help appreciated, 207 on 56 plate, it has cd player with 6cd changer underneath. I want to put bluetooth for hands free, no streaming.
Is it possible to be done? any pictures of the module you got? or you mean you got a new radio?
Thanks
Stelios

·
Registered
41 Posts
Getting there

Hi Bushellj, I would like to try to do the same, any help appreciated, 207 on 56 plate, it has cd player with 6cd changer underneath. I want to put bluetooth for hands free, no streaming.
Is it possible to be done? any pictures of the module you got? or you mean you got a new radio?
Thanks
Stelios
I have checked the interior light, no microphone, so order one from the ebay.
I have open the glove box, but can not find where the bluetooth plug is, do anybody has a picture please. Is it hidden on top of the fuse box? Is it a cable or connection on the body?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Pegtop.

The earlier Bluetooth module fitted on 207 models up to about 2010 only support Hands Free - They do not support the streaming of music through the Bluetooth Connection !!

The early Bluetooth modules have the socket on the end of the module. The later Bluetooth modules have the Bluetooth and USB connection on the side and these are not compatible wi the earlier cars.

Sorry you cannot install the later Bluetooth modules in the early cars - I tried and it just locks up the whole CAN network on the car !!!

Later 207 models from about 2010 use the later Bluetooth module with the USB connection and these support the streaming of Bluetooth music through the Head Unit.

James

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update, Installed the module, got the software and configured it. I did not have the cable going to the roof internal light for the microphone. Got a microphone with long cable from China, £7.20, on the BT module, pin 17 and 18 go to pin 1 and pin 3 (found the wiring diagram on another post), connected the cable and everything is working now. My PUG has hands free now.
Very big THANK YOU to BushellJ for helping me find the bits/installing the kit and my neighbor for helping with cable connections and route the cable.
Now move at the next step.... upgrade the radio to one from Peugeot 208 or the RD45 that has USB connection to be able to play Greek Music..... These French cars do not speak Greek..... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, another update for who ever wants to update to bluetooth.
I have completed the RD4 update as I mentioned before, had to manually connect the microphone on pin 17,18 of the BT plug behind the glove box. RD4 gives you only BT for phone calls.
Then I got the RD45 stereo, it has BT and USB and AUX, you can use all of them. You also need to update the display. I had EMF-C OPA CEM display that did not work to connect the phone with BT on the RD45. It worked ok with the RD4. You need to get the EMF-C OPA CEM1 display that comes with the 2009 model or after. The microphone connects direct to the back of the stereo where the RD4 BT connection was (you will not need this anymore on RD45)..... And RD45 has BT music streaming too.
So the RD45 upgrade worth better that the RD4 and is cheaper if you check on ebay and find the stereo and display in good price. I paid £100 for both. Microphone and the rest of the cables are between £1.50 and £15 from china, and they work fine.
Also I enable the Cruise control, got a stick from China for £11 and enable on the GiagBox. You just need to make the cut in the steering cover. 5 minues job. I can have 31MPH with 4th gear cruise..... not nice for the car anyway for low speed and 4th gear. Just tested because I read at the forums that you need 40/50MPH or more for the Cruise control to work.
If you need any advise please let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bushellj I’ve got Peugeot 207/2008, 1.6HDI 110. Is fully loaded one, but unfortunately do not have the Bluetooth option on the car. It came fitted with input cable on the glovebox from Peugeot, also I’m having RD4 like you said. But, when I took the glovebox didn’t find cable to plug the module continental which I bought from EBay. Please could you help me with the reference of the 18pin and 4pin cables or from where I can by them. Looking forward for your help. Thanks Nouri

1 - 20 of 21 Posts