Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have replaced the key outer shell with a new item but have transferred the internal circuit board and key to the new shell.
The battery has also been changed.
Initially when pressing the fob the lights functioned and the car unlocked. Since then the car could not be operated by the fob and I have to use the key to open and lock the car manually.
I have tried various methods to synchronise the key but with no luck. Any help on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is worth checking the obvious and most simple - having changed the battery also check the spring contacts that carry the voltage of the battery onto the circuit board.

Check there is enough pressure from the spring contacts against the battery and against the gold plated areas on the circuit board. GENTLY bend the contacts to see if you can increase the pressure if necessary.

Look carefully at how the spring contacts touch the circuit board as the case halves clip together. Could be something as simple as this as you say it did work momentarily after you reassembled it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks. I will try the obvious thing first. After that what would be the next thing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, just an update. It did happen to be the contacts inside the replacement key casing.
After many attempts tweaking them to different positions it is finally working correctly. Thanks for your advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts